Senior Project Manager - Process Engineering
Senior Project Manager - Process Engineering
Senior Project Manager
As a member of our client's Operations Team, this position is responsible for project management of operations initiatives. The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will ensure compliance with the lab's Quality Management System (QMS) and will share our commitment to our customers and their patients. This will be done through effective leadership and establishing good working relationships with business leaders, functional change agents, and all applicable functional department personnel. The SPM will work with key leaders to develop and implement metrics to ensure operations are meeting service and quality objectives and will be primarily responsible for project management of multiple key company projects in both the Memphis and Norwood facilities.
- The Senior Project Manager works in collaboration with all client locations supporting waste reduction, process improvement, and cost reduction initiatives to drive rapid results delivering the highest levels of performance while following and supporting the internal Quality Management System.
- Identifies waste and process improvement opportunities, executes against those opportunities, and successfully realizes quantifiable benefits while maintaining or improving the client’s quality standards.
- Develops & maintains strong positive business relationships with key internal clients to clearly understand their business processes and the development/articulation of short & long term business objectives.
- Defines the business case for projects that have been proposed and validates the opportunity scope and importance of a project.
- Ensures identified projects align with business goals and that highest priority projects are worked on first.
- Build, mobilize, and lead cross departmental project teams to meet the project objectives within the given time frame and within budget.
- Update and maintain the status of projects in the project database.
- Builds strong business cases for new projects by:
- calculating ROI
- gathering, collecting, organizing, prioritizing, conducting statistical analysis
- presenting data concerning business and/or project opportunities in a clear and concise manner
- Manage a portfolio of improvement projects, including auditing of implemented projects to ensure that process improvements are sustained and benefits are realized
- Deploy metrics and process management to hold project gains, pursue data-driven daily management, and to call out opportunities for improvement
- Hold periodic, focused reviews with business leadership to assess progress, status and issues in achieving program goals
- Lead, motivate and facilitate cross-functional teams to commit to, and deliver results through continuous improvement initiatives
- Act as liaison between Quality Assurance and stakeholders to efficiently complete change management process and implement improvements in a timely manner
- Support non-conformance resolution & CAPA generation by providing mentorship and training to non-conformance authors on Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Coordinate and design departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and dashboards, design collection/reporting processes for the Visual Management Program
- Collaborate with IT department to establish a system of reliable, automatic, departmental metric reporting
- Coordinate and champion company idea drives
- Responsible for conducting yourself and ensuring your subordinates conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in a relevant business discipline)
- 5-10 years of related experience in project management. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams
- Experience managing projects in various segments, such as quality assurance, laboratory and business processes
- Change agent: Promote excellence, challenging traditional thinking, boundaries and modes of operation.
- Experience developing and reporting metrics, including dashboard or Visual Manufacturing system creation
- Ability to effectively influence and motivate others and work effectively with all levels of people inside and outside of the organization.
- Must possess strong project management quantitative and analytical skills.
- Software applications such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Minitab, MS Project, etc.
- Excellent training and presentation skills with solid oral and written communication capabilities.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to act independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to travel 50% of time