Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the sensor industry by securing a Quality Engineer to join their team. This is a direct hire opportunity with a growing company!
This role will play an integral part to improve customer satisfaction, drive supplier quality improvements, and support continuous improvement objectives throughout the organization. This position will support Quality function in promoting quality assurance and in interfacing with all areas of the company, its customers and suppliers on critical quality issues. The Quality Engineer will also work cross-functionally to maintain the new ISO quality management system to ensure compliance with all internal and external quality requirements.
- Monitor customer and supplier quality issues associated with defined product families; maintain quality databases; determine failure trends, initiate corrective actions and support teams to address systemic issues using data driven approach and suitable problem solving techniques.
- Support 8D process in containment actions, root cause investigations, corrective/preventative actions, verify or validate corrective actions and monitoring issue recurrences.
- Proactively initiate CIP projects to identify and improve product or process capability, reliability, and quality.
- Track customer complaints, coordinate diagnosis of customer returned units and analyses of complex failures between internal teams, suppliers and external test labs.
- Analyze, develop and maintain meaningful quality metrics and generate quality statistics reports on a regular basis to bring customer and supplier quality visibility to Quality Management.
- Generate failure analysis reports, response packages for external reporting to address customers’ quality concerns.
- Monitor incoming quality and non-conforming material/outputs data, maintain supplier quality metrics and communicate supplier quality to all interested parties.
- Perform internal audits; provide support in audit preparations and participate in ISO 9001 and customer audits.
- Apply and maintain quality procedures, work instructions and records in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 standard and customer requirements.
- Monitor, measure and analyze key performance indicators on company wide processes by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports for visibility to Quality Management.
Experience, Education, and Competencies Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or a related engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Quality or Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement or combined.
- Experienced and competent in the methods and application of tools such as, Pareto, Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), 8D, 5-Why, Fishbone diagram and FMEA.
- Proficient in interpreting, generating and maintaining quality metrics (failure rates, DPU, PPM), failure analysis and reporting.
- Experience in statistical applications tools such as Minitab, Excel, or related SPC tools/software preferred.
- Experience with ISO quality management system preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, creative and perceptive with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to execute tasks as directed by Quality Management.
- Revenue Analyst in Lowell MA
- Customer Quality Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr Quality System Engineer in Eden Prairie MN
- Assembly Technician in Hollis NH
- Quality Engineer in Peterborough NH
- Internal Audit Analyst in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Sr. Hardware Engineer (2) in Alhambra CA
- FPGA Design Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Mechanical Designer in Marietta GA
- 5-axis CNC programmer in Manchester CT
- Customer Service Associate in Westford MA
- Civil Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- TIG Welder in Norcross GA
- Human Resources Generalist in Marlborough MA
- HR Generalist in Swedesboro NJ
- Assembly Tech in Alpharetta GA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Part Time Receptionist in Lowell MA
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Optical Engineer in MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- Medical Lab Tech in Norwood MA
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Principal Diagnostics Engineer in MA
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Program Manager II in MA
- Warehouse Associate in Norwood MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Industrial Controls Technician III in Olive Branch MS
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Specialist in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA
- Marketing Communication Associate in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in North Charleston SC
- CAD Designer in Arlington TN
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift) in Ashland MA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN