Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the sensor industry by securing a Quality Engineer to join their team. This is a direct hire opportunity with a growing company!
This role will play an integral part to improve customer satisfaction, drive supplier quality improvements, and support continuous improvement objectives throughout the organization. This position will support Quality function in promoting quality assurance and in interfacing with all areas of the company, its customers and suppliers on critical quality issues. The Quality Engineer will also work cross-functionally to maintain the new ISO quality management system to ensure compliance with all internal and external quality requirements.
- Monitor customer and supplier quality issues associated with defined product families; maintain quality databases; determine failure trends, initiate corrective actions and support teams to address systemic issues using data driven approach and suitable problem solving techniques.
- Support 8D process in containment actions, root cause investigations, corrective/preventative actions, verify or validate corrective actions and monitoring issue recurrences.
- Proactively initiate CIP projects to identify and improve product or process capability, reliability, and quality.
- Track customer complaints, coordinate diagnosis of customer returned units and analyses of complex failures between internal teams, suppliers and external test labs.
- Analyze, develop and maintain meaningful quality metrics and generate quality statistics reports on a regular basis to bring customer and supplier quality visibility to Quality Management.
- Generate failure analysis reports, response packages for external reporting to address customers’ quality concerns.
- Monitor incoming quality and non-conforming material/outputs data, maintain supplier quality metrics and communicate supplier quality to all interested parties.
- Perform internal audits; provide support in audit preparations and participate in ISO 9001 and customer audits.
- Apply and maintain quality procedures, work instructions and records in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 standard and customer requirements.
- Monitor, measure and analyze key performance indicators on company wide processes by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports for visibility to Quality Management.
Experience, Education, and Competencies Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or a related engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Quality or Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement or combined.
- Experienced and competent in the methods and application of tools such as, Pareto, Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), 8D, 5-Why, Fishbone diagram and FMEA.
- Proficient in interpreting, generating and maintaining quality metrics (failure rates, DPU, PPM), failure analysis and reporting.
- Experience in statistical applications tools such as Minitab, Excel, or related SPC tools/software preferred.
- Experience with ISO quality management system preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, creative and perceptive with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to execute tasks as directed by Quality Management.
- Buyer - Planner in Peabody MA
- Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Press Break Machine Operator in Peabody MA
- Electro Mechanical Assembler in Lowell MA
- Chemistry Technician I in Golden CO
- Controls Engineer in Mt. Washington KY
- Electronic Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Estimator in Pendergrass GA
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Assembly-Production Tech ERA in Golden CO
- Assembler, CT in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Shipping & Recieving in Alpharetta GA
- Estimation Technician in Memphis TN
- CAD Modeler in Carrolton GA
- Associate Videographer in Milford MA
- Inventory Clerk in Rochester NH
- Computer - Production Technician in Rochester NH
- Engineering Administrative Assistant in Westborough MA
- Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Material Handler III in Milford MA
- Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Billerica MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Machine Operator III in Bridgeport NJ
- Machine Operator I in Bridgeport NJ
- Payroll-HR Clerk in Millville NJ
- Credit Specialist in Memphis TN
- Material Handler (Production) 2-13 in Westborough MA
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- EM Assembler in Holliston MA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Press Brake Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Warehouse - General Labor in Oxford MA
- Electronic Technician in Memphis TN
- Accounts Payable Specialist in Milford MA
- Test Operator in Nashua NH
- EM Assembler in Leominster MA
- Order Picker in Wilsonville OR
- Associate CMM Layout Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Entry Level Staff Accountant in Golden CO
- Maintenance Mechanic in Maple Grove MN
- CNC Programmer in Leominster MA
- Document Control Specialist in North Billerica MA
- CNC Turning Machinist in Milford MA
- Accountant in Hudson MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanics - 2nd and 3rd shifts in Lincoln RI
- Assembler-Kitter in Norwood MA
- Electrical Design Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Shipping and Receiving Supervisor in Westborough MA
- Custodian in Westborough MA
- Production Supervisor in Conyers GA
- Material Handler (Production) in Westborough MA
- Candidate Experience Coordinator in Manhattan NY
- Diesel Technician in Lilburn GA
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Controls Technician in Portland ME
- Manual Machinist in New Haven CT
- Engineer, Navigation Systems 18-0054 in Alhambra CA
- Sr Electrical Designer in Minneapolis MN
- IT Technician in Norcross GA
- Quality Engineer in Dover NH
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Advanced Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift Production Supervisor in Brooklyn Park MN
- Endoscope Technician in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Franklin MA
- Operator- Assembly tech in Central Manchester CT
- Industrial Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Executive Assistant in Newton MA
- Logistics Clerk in Franklin MA
- Machine shop Lead - Supervisor in Central Manchester CT
- Preventative Maintenance Tech - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Mechanical - Incoming Inspector in Hudson NH
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- EHS Technician - Environmental Health & Safety Tech in Maple Grove MN
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- Paint & Assembly Supervisor in Norcross GA
- Lab Analyst in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Hollis NH
- Production Support Technician- 18-0027 in Alhambra CA
- MOCVD Section Manager- 18-0011 in Alhambra CA
- Product Engineer in Milford NH
- Assembly & Automation Process Engineer in North Canton OH
- Maintenance Mechanic in Shrewsbury MA
- Electronics Technician in Framingham MA
- Logistics Coordinator in Bartlett TN
- Test Tech - 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Test Operator 2nd shift in Westboro MA
- Solder Assembler II-III 2nd shift in Westboro
- EM Assembler I-II (2nd Shift) in Westboro MA
- Test Operator - AOI -1st shift in Westboro MA
- Quality Inspector II - PCB in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Production Supervisor in Shrewsbury MA