We are currently partnering with a large manufacturing company in Atlanta, Ga in their search for a Quality Engineer. Responsible for all aspects of quality engineering techniques & methods in an assigned area or projects with minimal supervision. Provides support to manufacturing for quality improvement & new product launch & will have inspectors directly reporting under his/her supervision. Interfaces with Production Control / Strategy, Product Design, Purchasing, Operations & Manufacturing Engineering Division members as well as executive members.
- Apply the assembly quality engineering techniques & methods in assigned areas or projects with minimal supervision.
- Provide support to manufacturing for assembly &/or fabrication quality improvement & new & changed product launch of all part numbers manufactured
- Develop & implement process controls (Control Plan & SPC), support PFMEA development with ME, & other statistical methods after new & changed product launches.
- Develop & implement quality metrics to monitor internal & supplier quality performance after new & changed product launches.
- Plan & create Inspection Instructions & Audits, & Train Inspectors & assess their performance for improvement areas
- Supervise, coach & mentor hourly inspectors on the team, including attendance & performance review management.
- Develop & document quality systems, standards, & procedures as required, including INSPECT system implementation.
- Evaluate the supplier quality related deviations, process change requests (PCR) & product /eng change request (ECR).
- Report the internal quality status
- Perform & lead problem solving activities after new & changed product launches.
- Perform on-site process audit & internal quality systems, & evaluate the results based on data to take appropriate actions after new & changed product launches.
- Initiate & review corrective actions for problem resolution after new & changed product launches.
- 4-year engineering degree & minimum 6 years of experience in Quality Engineering field or High School Diploma or GED & a minimum 15 years of equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of ISO - 9001
- Experience with Excel and Minitab