We are currently partnering with a large manufacturing company in Dawsonville, GA in their search for a Quality Engineer to add to their growing team. This is a 1st shift, full-time/direct hire, position that does provide opportunities for growth and advancement beyond this role.
- Participates in design review process to ensure manufacturability of new products; reviews prints, customer specifications, and solid model if provided.
- Gives guidance to quality auditors and inspectors to answer questions regarding quality
- Maintains familiarity with customer’s specifications, part application, inspection methods, production processes and all other factors affecting the production of the customer’s parts.
- Identifies weaknesses in processes that negatively affect part quality and contributes ideas for corrective action.
- Helps educate operators on aspects that contribute to producing quality parts
- Responsible for leading or participating in corrective action process
- Works closely with ME to assure that process is capable of producing a quality product
- Contributes to the creation of the process flow diagram, PFMEA, and control plan as required for PPAP submission
- Assists in development of setup and operator instructions.
- Performs audits to validate adherence to quality management system; assists with developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Technical Degree and at least two years of recent experience in operations, manufacturing engineering or quality.
- Welding and Fabrication experience is a must
- Strong working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices in use of productions quality assurance operations
- Ability to read, interpret and understand the use and application of production blueprints and specifications.