We are helping our client in Jasper, Ga look for a Project Technician. The Project Technician will be working with the Facilities Engineering Manager to set up and move new and exisiting equipment on the manufacturing floor.
Responsibilities of the Project Technician
- Assist in layout, rigging and installation of new and relocated plant equipment.
- Installation of utilities (electric, process water, compressed air) to new and relocated plant equipment.
- Direct involvement with upgrading existing plant equipment (hydraulic/electric al/ mechanical) .
- Develop new and upgrade existing PLC and HMI programs.
- Layout/build electrical panels for plant equipment.
- Perform light fabrication and welding.
- Provide equipment training and troubleshooting assistance to all departments.
- Direct involvement with third party vendors/ contractors.
- Requisition of parts and supplies for projects.
Requirements of the Project Technician
- Preferred two year technical/ trade school graduate. 5- 10 years related industrial maintenance.
- Experience with hydraulic pumps, proportional and directional valves.
- Capable of driving forklifts.
- Working knowledge of basic machine shop equipment.
- Experience with troubleshooting PLC/HMI programs
- Ability to read and interpret plant layout drawings