PLC Technician (3rd Shift)
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
PLC Technician (3rd Shift)
Title:PLC Technician (3rd Shift)
We have a Direct Hire opportunity for a 3rd Shift PLC Technician for a client in Newnan, Ga. The PLC Tech works independently to perform troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, installation, modification, fabrication, and/or application of the plants heavy manufacturing/ industrial mechanical and electrical systems to maintain product quality and production efficiencies.
- Interface with equipment operators and maintenance staff to ascertain problems with equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/ mechanical problems on heavy industrial automated equipment.
- Must be competent to make electrical/ mechanical diagnostic evaluation and prescribe corrective action that will provide a “like new” condition that will yield high production efficiencies. Should be capable to diagnose cause of electrical, controls, mechanical (to include mechanical/ machine repair, hydraulics and pneumatics) malfunction(s) and/ or failure of equipment or systems repairs or replaces defective components.
- Able to write procedures, work instructions and work orders and maintains records of repairs, calibrations and tests in the CMMS system.
- Maintain documentation for existing and new equipment, control and building power system installations and records work in the JD Edwards, CMMS System.
- Must read and interpret electrical and electronic drawings, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings, schematics, blueprints, engineering drawings and sketches to determine problem and make appropriate repairs.
- Install and service a variety of systems including safety and security, energy delivery (hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical), communication, and process control systems.
- Examine and test components and support systems to ensure that they follow all standards and regulations (NFPA, NEC, OSHA, Etc…).
- Dismantles devices to gain access, then disassembles, removes, replaces and/or repairs defective mechanical and electrical components.
- Experienced in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using devices such as multi-meter (ohmmeter, voltmeter) and ammeter (clamp) and meggers to troubleshoot electrical circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections, defective parts and replaces or repairs to suite and ensure compatibility and safety of systems.
- Work independently in troubleshooting ladder logic and repair problems with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs, predominately Allen Bradley) and related components when required.
- Troubleshoot and ideally be able to program Variable Frequency Drives.
- Be able to obtain back-up PLC programs from a server to reload and reboot PLC programs to restore faulted equipment.
- Assist with system startups and operational checkouts on systems including configuration, wiring, calibration, grounding and power testing.
- Install and service measuring and indicating instruments to monitor process control variables associated with PLC’s and monitor the operation of PLC equipment.
- Work with final control devices such as valves, actuators and positioners to manipulate the process medium.
- Maintain backups, documentation & software revisions as part of maintaining computer-based control systems.
- Uses computerized equipment and software to perform testing functions and produce graphs for records and tracking.
- Create parts list and determine best routes for conduit runs and wiring in accordance with Compliance (NEC, OSHA, NFPA, AES) standards. This includes both building electrical and machine electrical panels.
- Installation of low and high voltage (single/ three phase) industrial electro-mechanical & control systems for utility & production equipment.
- Support plant installations to size conductors and conduit for load, form all sizes/types of conduit, and thread ends of field cut conduit and pull field wires (with assistance if necessary) in accordance with NEC code and Campbell standards.
- Utilize technical materials such as equipment manuals, SDS, safety materials, system drawings, Process and instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s), electrical schematics and blueprints to troubleshoot and maintain systems.
- Industrial Electrical Maintenance experience (with 2-5 years minimum) or a Certified PLC/ Automations (Allen Bradley preferred).
- Consult technical documentation, drawings, schematics and manuals. They may assist engineering in plant design, modification and hazard analysis, and work with plant operators to optimize plant controls.
- Technical skills preferred: Electrical ;Knowledgeable on Pneumatics/ Hydraulic concepts related to the electrical system; Knowledgeable on Mechanical Power Transmission/ Millwright/ Machine Repair concepts related to the electrical system; PLC troubleshooting (with a laptop) and Ladder Logic troubleshooting/ modification experience is a plus.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as required due to production work schedules.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Client Services Advisor-Receptionist in Alpharetta GA
- Accounts Payable Coordinator in Milford MA
- Laboratory Assistant in Tucker GA
- Temp General Laborer in Rochester NH
- Micro Solder Repair Technician in Norcross GA
- Quality Inspector in Lawrenceville GA
- Production Test Technician in Willmington MA
- EM Assembler in Willmington MA
- Assembly Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Buford GA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Laboratory Assistant in Marlborough MA
- Structural Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Memphis TN
- Mold Maker in Rochester NH
- Tool Die Maker in Rochester NH
- Machine Operator 2nd Shift in Salem NH
- Laboratory Automation Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Materials Coordinator II in Lawrenceville GA
- Press Brake Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Shipping-Stockroom in Lawrenceville GA
- Stockroom Helper in Lawrenceville GA
- Shop Helper (Machine) in Lawrenceville GA
- Shop Helper (Packaging) in Lawrenceville GA
- Customer Service Rep in Concord CA
- CNC Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Stainless Steel Finisher in Flowery Branch GA
- Material Handler 2nd Shift in Salem NH
- 3rd shift Packer-Picker-Puller in Newfield NJ
- 1st shift Picker Packer in Newfield NJ
- Painter in Lawrenceville GA
- Sanitation Lead in Attleboro MA
- CNC Machinist in Attleboro MA
- Maintenance Tech in Attleboro MA
- Warehouse-Manufacturing Associate in Natick MA
- Engineering Documentation Admin in Bedford NH
- Extrusion Manager in Mableton GA
- 2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor in Newnan GA
- Laser Machine Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- EM Assembler II in Westboro MA
- Inventory control clerk in Concord CA
- Material handler in Concord CA
- Manufacturing Design Engineer in Attleboro MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Attleboro MA
- Precision Inspector- Fremont in Fremont CA
- Tax Administrative Assistant in Louisville KY
- Staff Accountant in Attleboro MA
- EM Assembler III Clean Room in Westborough MA
- Sr Systems Safety Engineer in Waltham MA
- TIG Welder-Aluminum in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Industrial Motor Assembly Technician in Suwanee GA
- Account Executive in Cherry Hill NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic in Swedesboro NJ
- Surface Mount Machine Technician in New Hope MN
- Sr. Tooling Engineer in Woburn MA
- Lead Maintenance Mechanic in Conyers GA
- Robotics Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Precision Inspector in Concord CA
- Quality Technician II in Concord CA
- Facilities Maintenance Technician II in Concord CA
- Material Handler in Westborough MA
- Assembly Technician I 2nd shift in West Boylston MA
- Assembly Technician I in West Boylston MA
- Test Tech III in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector 3rd Shift in Rochester NH
- Electronic Assembly Support in Alpharetta GA
- Electrical Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Assembler in Lawrenceville GA
- Quality Control Technician in Billerica MA
- Extrusion Operator in Taunton MA
- Master Mechanic in Taunton MA
- Maintenance Electrician in Taunton MA
- Senior FPGA Design Engineer in Waltham MA
- Sales Support Admin in Chaska MN
- Scale Technician in August GA
- Electronic Assembler in Alpharetta GA
- Test Tech-Operator - weekend - 5 openings in Nashua NH
- Assemblers - Weekend Shift - in Nashua NH
- Test Tech-Operator - 2nd Shift - 8 openings in Nashua NH
- Assembler - 2nd Shift - in Nashua NH
- Test Tech-Operator - 1st Shift - 4 openings in Nashua NH
- Assemblers - 1st Shift in Nashua NH
- Machinist in Bedford NH
- Production Worker in Memphis TN
- Soldering Technician in Suwanee GA
- Material Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Utility Clerk in Lenox MA
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift in Newton MA
- Field Application Technician in Hattiesburg MS
- Principal Test Engineer in Merrimack NH
- Lead Structural Engineer in Baton Rouge LA
- Sr. PM in Bridgeport CT
- Stockroom 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- Welder in Dahlonega GA
- Maintenance Planning Schedule Specialist in Swedesboro NJ