Our client located in Charlton, Ma is looking for a Planner to join their team on a direct hire basis.
The Planner delivers business value by keeping production lines moving by ensuring materials and parts are well scheduled, evaluated and accurately delivered on time, every time. This key position will be the focal point in creating and managing the production scheduling system in a multi-shift, high volume manufacturing environment.
The Planner works with Product Lines and Sales to establish lead times for quotes and orders. Then, in partnership with Product Lines, Engineering, Purchasing and Shipping details the production plan to meet the promised delivery dates. The Planner is a key liaison among all departments to solve scheduling issues, meet production deadlines and customer requirements.
The Planner is the in-house expert in leveraging and maximizing the ERP system across all departments and plays a key role in determining future ERP system needs for the company.
- Monitor customer orders, anticipate needs and plan accordingly. Prepare master schedule to create sequence and lead time in order to meet shipping dates according to customer orders or sales forecasts.
- Forecast and plan daily, weekly and monthly production schedules, issue production schedules according to material, equipment and labor availability to meet customers’ demands and all production requirements (rescheduling, reworks, outsourced and work-in-progress inventory)
- Provides regular order status updates to Sales including timely communication of any anticipated delays to the committed lead times. Work in conjunction with Sales and Product Lines to resolve any customer-related issues which impact committed lead times.
- Assures appropriate inventory levels through coordinating with the Purchasing Department.
- Assess labor, equipment and raw materials needed to fulfill production demands. Work with Production Manager to understand the labor and equipment capacity for manufacturing.
- Send updates on work in progress (“WIP”) status, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that labor, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Research production plans discrepancies, investigate, identify root cause analysis and identify necessary corrective actions.
- Plans and organizes manufacturing purchasing activities; maintains adequate safety stock material levels in inventory and creates, tracks, and reports on the current production status of released components.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of ERP system and play a key role in the needs analysis, planning, execution, and finalization of our future ERP implementation project according to deadlines and within budget.
- Daily interaction with all departments regarding manufacturing and maintaining appropriate supply levels.
- Work with various departments in identifying critical issues relative to raw materials and production planning
- Create monthly KPI reports/ad hoc reports as needed. Continuously improve material management processes to drive better business results
- Bachelor's degree in Business or supply chain management is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience planning production and creating master production schedules.
- Solid track record in issuing and receiving production work orders in a fast-paced high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Complete understanding of Production planning and scheduling in an ERP environment and in-depth knowledge of ERP and advanced planning systems.
- Ability to influence others in a matrix environment.
- Data mining & reporting skills through MS Excel or equivalent.
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills are required. Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.