Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
NPI Process Engineer
Title:NPI Process Engineer
NPI Process Engineer
- Work with R&D and Manufacturing teams in leading the introduction of new products.
- Work closely with manufacturing; oversee product build-related tasks during planning, development and validation stages of the project.
- Plan and execute on assigned NPI programs.
- Establish standards for design for manufacturing and lead the definition of manufacturing process requirements for those programs.
- Provide leadership in defining/communicating NPI Operations’ requirements early in the product life cycle.
- Develop test strategies, processes and detailed documented procedures to ensure quality and efficient manufacturing processes.
- Participate in the product ECR/ECO process and address all NPI engineering relevant issues.
- Determine process requirements for new products and measures product performance to those requirements.
- Develop and release manufacturing work instructions and provide ongoing technical support and training to manufacturing personnel.
- Define engineering and production BOM’s for release.
- Develop build plans with team, driving and coordinating the subsequent builds, lead-times and shipments.
- Maintain and update support documentation including Standard Manufacturing Procedures (SMP’s), manufacturing drawings and special processes.
- Uses knowledge of optical fabrication and coatings to provide concurrent manufacturing engineering support new and existing production jobs.
- Identifies, develops and coordinates procurement and implementation of tooling and fixtures.
- Supports MRB and the creation and material disposition of NCs.
- Recommends and implements corrective actions to design, process, tooling, equipment and/ or training.
- Supports quoting activities be evaluating technical requirements, identifying exceptions, and preparing cost estimates for customers.
- Supports continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes.
- Complies to and promotes the company’s Safety and/ or Quality Systems and ISO standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral presentation and writing skills.
- Able to perform as an individual contributor in performing complex measurements and equipment troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of many types of materials used in optical components and what materials would best be used for certain products we are quoting.
- Comprehensive understanding of the processes used in manufacturing and polishing of high precision optical components.
- Thorough understanding of specifications such as surface PV, power, irregularity, roughness, slope error, scratch/dig, used to define precision optical surfaces and components.
- Thorough understanding of the methods and equipment used to test optical components including, interferometers, autocollimators, DIC (Nomarski) microscopes, polarization.
- Working knowledge of the theory behind common optical components such as waveplates and etalons.
- Knowledge and understanding of super-polishing techniques for various optical materials would be a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of LEAN/ Six Sigma processes and the ability to support it.
Engineering degree or equivalent of 5 years minimum experience in industry.
Experience in optics preferred.
Experience in manufacturing environment essential.
Must be a US Person or Permanent Resident- ITAR
- Forklift Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- 2nd shift Production - $13.50-hr. in Bridgeton
- Picking Associate - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Electrical Assembly in Chaska MN
- Machine Operator- 2nd Shift in Canton GA
- Engineering Technician in Rock Hill SC
- Inspector in Merrimack NH
- Maintenance Manager in Milwaukee WI
- Cylinder Head Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse Associate-Forklift Operator - 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Technician in Dassel MN
- Plastics Supervisor in
- Project Coordinator in Chaska MN
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Chaska MN
- Technical Business Analyst & Project Manager in Miami FL
- CNC Machine Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Designer- Cad Administrator in Wilmington MA
- Electronic Assembler in Alpharetta GA
- Field Mechanical Assembler in Acton MA
- Quality Inspector 2nd shift in Flowery Branch GA
- E-M Assemblers - 2nd Shift in Merrimack NH
- Production Machinist-Assembler - Laser in Milford MA
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Shipping & Receiving in Suwanee GA
- ABS Trading System Developer in Costa Mesa CA
- Quality Manager in Dawsonville GA
- CI Manager in Dawsonville GA
- Assembler in Concord CA
- Planner-Scheduler in Milford NH
- Electronics Test Tech in Suwanee GA
- Shipping Clerk in SUWANEE GA
- HR File Clerk - Temp in Alpharetta GA
- Benefits Specialist in Lowell MA
- Warehouse Associate in Suwanee GA
- Spot Welder - 2nd Shift in Canton GA
- Buyer in Burnsville MN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Plymouth MN
- EH&S Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- TIG Welder - 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- TIG Welder - 1st Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Design Assurance Engineer in St. Paul MN
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Manufacturing Welding Engineer in Flowery Branch GA
- Purchaser in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Inspector II - EM OR RII in Westborough MA
- Cloud APP Engineer IV in Miami FL
- 2nd shift Forklift - $15-hr. in Vineland
- Packer - 1st shift Shipping in Vineland
- MIG Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Sales Service Coordinator in Milford MA
- Customer Education Training Specialist in Milford MA
- Assistant to Safety Director in Memphis
- Quality Inspector in Brooklyn Center MN
- Warehouse Associate-Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Controller in Windham ME
- Field Application Technician PA in Duluth PA
- Inventory Controls Analyst in Alpharetta GA
- Field Application Technician GP plant in Brunswick GA
- Reimbursement Support in Cordova TN
- Senior Software Test Engineer in Milford MA
- Mechanical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Project Engineer in Athens GA
- Controls Engineer in Athens GA
- Machinist in Concord CA
- Technical Writer in Brea CA
- Heavy Industrial Machine Assembler in Milford NH
- Process Engineer in Milford NH
- Warehouse Associate in Buford GA
- Warehouse Clerk in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Buford GA
- Brazer in Buford GA
- CAD Designer in Minnetonka MN
- Sr. Test Technician in Ayer MA
- TIG-MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Manufacturing Technician in Ayer MA
- General Technician- Value Add in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse Manager in Taunton MA
- AP-Cost Accountant in Brooklyn Center MN
- SMT Operator in Billerica MA
- Inspection Specialist- 1st Shift in West Boylston MA
- Test Technician in West Boylston MA
- Project Engineer in Social Circle GA
- Assembler-Packer 1st Shift in Canton GA
- Packer-Shipper in Billerica MA
- General Manager in Everett MA
- Cold Headed Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Screw Machine Operator in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Alpharetta GA
- Roll Thread Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Tool and Die Maker in Alpharetta GA
- Finishing Operator in Broomfield CO
- Facility Maintenance Technician in Minneapolis MN
- Quality Technician in Chaska MN
- Inventory Control Associate in Lawrenceville GA
- MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Distribution Supervisor in Newnan GA
- HR Generalist in Franklin NH
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Solderer in Hudson NH