Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Title:Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Searching for a Mechanical Packaging Engineer for a company in the Devens that specializes in manufacturing electrical energy storage units.
Title: Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Reports to: Systems Engineering Product Manager
Department: Engineering Support
Hours: 8-5pm M-F
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
- Work as a primary member of the product support team to develop solutions to solve product issues and applications.
- Generate design and documentation packages and work with purchasing, manufacturing and vendors on make/buy decisions. Support would also be provided to the in-house and external vendors to understand and resolve manufacturing and quality issues as they arise.
- Utilize solid modeling design tools to perform and document detailed designs.
- Perform cost analysis of resulting designs and propose alternative technologies or techniques to reduce cost.
- Perform tolerance analysis on mechanical designs to assure proper form, fit, and function.
- Generate and execute test plans to validate design requirements and document limitations.
- Generate assembly drawings and process documentation for manufacturing with the assistance of designers..
- Generate inspection plans to assure the quality and consistency of manufactured and vended assemblies and components.
- Work with manufacturing and outside vendors to improve mechanical designs and eliminate defects.
- Propose methods and technology to improve cycle-time (manufacturing) of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Generating Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to document and implement changes new and existing products.
- Key design areas include: thermal design, e and electrical system interconnections, enclosure layout and architecture, safety, maintenance and field service issues, dynamic shock and vibration with respect to equipment weight, mounting and location, general chassis and cabinet layout, and test and production fixtures.
Education - Experience:
BSME in Engineering or related field
At least 3 years of experience in electronic packaging or a combination of schooling and experience.
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
- Knowledge of 2-D & 3-D CAD systems required. Excellent working knowledge of Solidworks is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO standards for technical drawings
- Knowledge of design and manufacturing processes for sheet metal, bus bars and plastic parts.
- Knowledgeexperience in power electronics packaging is preferred.
- Knowledge of insulation, fabrication materials and coatings used in the electronics industry.
- Knowledge of NEMA classifications for cabinetry.
- Knowledge of ventilation & cooling practices used in electronic cabinetry.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts orally and in writing.
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Shipping & Receiving in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Branford CT
- Purchasing Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Mechanic in Eagan MN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Electrical Controls Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Material Handler in Waltham MA
- Stockroom Attendant 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- System Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Inventory Clerk in Los Alamitos CA
- CNC Machinist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Sr Mechanical Engineer in Boston MA
- Customer Support Rep in Los Alamitos CA
- Applications Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Project Manager in Fairburn GA
- NDE Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician-Quality Control in Buford GA
- Press Brake Operator-Night Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Sr Buyers - Medical in Merrimack NH
- Client Services Assistant in Oklahoma City OK
- Administrative Assistant in Norwood MA
- Specimen Technician I in Chantilly VA
- Quality Inspector in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- CNC MACHINE OPERATOR – 2nd shift in Central Manchester CT
- Controls Engineer in Covington GA
- Inside Sales Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering Technician in Burnsville MN
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-22-19 in Westborough MA
- Light Duty - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Multi-Purpose Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Process Engineer in Fall River MA
- Solderer Level 3 in Nashua NH
- Training Coordinator in Milford MA
- Lead Process and Quality Engineer in Leominster MA
- Process Engineer in Leominster MA
- Systems Tech in Beverly MA
- Specimen Technician I in Norwood MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Golden CO
- Field Service Technician in North Charleston SC
- Press Brake Operator in Suwanee GA
- CNC Maintenance Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-15-19 in Westborough MA
- Brake Press Operator in Duluth GA
- Assembly Tech II 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- 1st Shift Shipper in Newton MA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Office Support Assistant in Norwood MA
- Lab Assistant I in Memphis TN
- Packaging Assembly in Marlborough MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- CNC Machinist in Boylston MA
- HR Generalist in Franklin MA
- Machine Operator in Suwanee GA
- Production Coordinator in Lynn MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Sharpsburg PA
- E&I Technician 1st & 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- CNC Machinist (Weekend Days) in Milford MA
- QC Inspector in Needham Heights MA
- Lab Associate in Norwood MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Quality Engineer in Branford CT
- Value Add Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Pressure Vessel Pre-Fabrication in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Bloomington MN
- Reach-Lift Operator in Jefferson GA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Newnan GA
- Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Development Engineering Tech I in Westborough MA
- Export Coordinator in Newton MA
- NDE Specialist in North Canton OH
- Customer Service in Northborough MA
- Shipper-Receiver in Northborough MA
- Customer Order Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician in Acton MA
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Everett WA
- Test Engineer in Manchester NH
- Second Shift Maintenance Mechanic in Haverhill MA
- Manufacturing Process Specialist - Grinding in North Canton OH
- Field Machine Technician in Suwanee GA
- Electro-Mechanic Technician in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator (All Shifts) in Ashland MA
- Process Engineer in Olive Branch MS
- Underwriter in Marlborough MA
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Shipper in Waltham MA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN