Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Title:Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Searching for a Mechanical Packaging Engineer for a company in the Devens that specializes in manufacturing electrical energy storage units.
Title: Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Reports to: Systems Engineering Product Manager
Department: Engineering Support
Hours: 8-5pm M-F
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
- Work as a primary member of the product support team to develop solutions to solve product issues and applications.
- Generate design and documentation packages and work with purchasing, manufacturing and vendors on make/buy decisions. Support would also be provided to the in-house and external vendors to understand and resolve manufacturing and quality issues as they arise.
- Utilize solid modeling design tools to perform and document detailed designs.
- Perform cost analysis of resulting designs and propose alternative technologies or techniques to reduce cost.
- Perform tolerance analysis on mechanical designs to assure proper form, fit, and function.
- Generate and execute test plans to validate design requirements and document limitations.
- Generate assembly drawings and process documentation for manufacturing with the assistance of designers..
- Generate inspection plans to assure the quality and consistency of manufactured and vended assemblies and components.
- Work with manufacturing and outside vendors to improve mechanical designs and eliminate defects.
- Propose methods and technology to improve cycle-time (manufacturing) of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Generating Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to document and implement changes new and existing products.
- Key design areas include: thermal design, e and electrical system interconnections, enclosure layout and architecture, safety, maintenance and field service issues, dynamic shock and vibration with respect to equipment weight, mounting and location, general chassis and cabinet layout, and test and production fixtures.
Education - Experience:
BSME in Engineering or related field
At least 3 years of experience in electronic packaging or a combination of schooling and experience.
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
- Knowledge of 2-D & 3-D CAD systems required. Excellent working knowledge of Solidworks is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO standards for technical drawings
- Knowledge of design and manufacturing processes for sheet metal, bus bars and plastic parts.
- Knowledgeexperience in power electronics packaging is preferred.
- Knowledge of insulation, fabrication materials and coatings used in the electronics industry.
- Knowledge of NEMA classifications for cabinetry.
- Knowledge of ventilation & cooling practices used in electronic cabinetry.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts orally and in writing.
- Buyer - Planner in Peabody MA
- Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Press Break Machine Operator in Peabody MA
- Electro Mechanical Assembler in Lowell MA
- Chemistry Technician I in Golden CO
- Controls Engineer in Mt. Washington KY
- Electronic Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Estimator in Pendergrass GA
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Assembly-Production Tech ERA in Golden CO
- Assembler, CT in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Shipping & Recieving in Alpharetta GA
- Estimation Technician in Memphis TN
- CAD Modeler in Carrolton GA
- Associate Videographer in Milford MA
- Inventory Clerk in Rochester NH
- Computer - Production Technician in Rochester NH
- Engineering Administrative Assistant in Westborough MA
- Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Material Handler III in Milford MA
- Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Billerica MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Machine Operator III in Bridgeport NJ
- Machine Operator I in Bridgeport NJ
- Payroll-HR Clerk in Millville NJ
- Credit Specialist in Memphis TN
- Material Handler (Production) 2-13 in Westborough MA
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- EM Assembler in Holliston MA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Press Brake Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Warehouse - General Labor in Oxford MA
- Electronic Technician in Memphis TN
- Accounts Payable Specialist in Milford MA
- Test Operator in Nashua NH
- EM Assembler in Leominster MA
- Order Picker in Wilsonville OR
- Associate CMM Layout Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Entry Level Staff Accountant in Golden CO
- Maintenance Mechanic in Maple Grove MN
- CNC Programmer in Leominster MA
- Document Control Specialist in North Billerica MA
- CNC Turning Machinist in Milford MA
- Accountant in Hudson MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanics - 2nd and 3rd shifts in Lincoln RI
- Assembler-Kitter in Norwood MA
- Electrical Design Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Shipping and Receiving Supervisor in Westborough MA
- Custodian in Westborough MA
- Production Supervisor in Conyers GA
- Material Handler (Production) in Westborough MA
- Candidate Experience Coordinator in Manhattan NY
- Diesel Technician in Lilburn GA
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Controls Technician in Portland ME
- Manual Machinist in New Haven CT
- Engineer, Navigation Systems 18-0054 in Alhambra CA
- Sr Electrical Designer in Minneapolis MN
- IT Technician in Norcross GA
- Quality Engineer in Dover NH
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Advanced Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift Production Supervisor in Brooklyn Park MN
- Endoscope Technician in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Franklin MA
- Operator- Assembly tech in Central Manchester CT
- Industrial Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Executive Assistant in Newton MA
- Logistics Clerk in Franklin MA
- Machine shop Lead - Supervisor in Central Manchester CT
- Preventative Maintenance Tech - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Mechanical - Incoming Inspector in Hudson NH
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- EHS Technician - Environmental Health & Safety Tech in Maple Grove MN
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- Paint & Assembly Supervisor in Norcross GA
- Lab Analyst in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Hollis NH
- Production Support Technician- 18-0027 in Alhambra CA
- MOCVD Section Manager- 18-0011 in Alhambra CA
- Product Engineer in Milford NH
- Assembly & Automation Process Engineer in North Canton OH
- Maintenance Mechanic in Shrewsbury MA
- Electronics Technician in Framingham MA
- Logistics Coordinator in Bartlett TN
- Test Tech - 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Test Operator 2nd shift in Westboro MA
- Solder Assembler II-III 2nd shift in Westboro
- EM Assembler I-II (2nd Shift) in Westboro MA
- Test Operator - AOI -1st shift in Westboro MA
- Quality Inspector II - PCB in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Production Supervisor in Shrewsbury MA