- Electromechanical design, layout and modeling of electro-mechanical assemblies and electronics packaging (using SolidWorks)
- Work from design concepts and requirements to engineer innovative products which meet functionality, cost and schedule goals
- Continuously improve the design process by ensuring best practices and tools are evaluated and used.
- Implement Design for Manufacturability (DFM) practices.
- Perform design and drawing checking and approval.
- Perform system level tolerance analysis.
- Creation of detail designs and drawings for fabrication.
- Solve complex thermal and mechanical design problems.
- Perform tolerance analysis, check and approve detail designs and drawings.
- Actively participate in peer review processes to ensure both internal design goals and engineering standards are met.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks is a must
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, team environment
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- A proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of design for manufacturability and serviceability techniques
- Building/validating prototypes and developing manufacturing procedures
- Industrial Design experience is a plus
- Thermal and EMI Design experience a plus
- Knowledge of PDM Pro a plus
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of Mechanical Engineering experience, preferably in an emerging technology company
- Experience with ANSYS standards is a plus
- Experience with renderings
- Experience in design of sheet metal and machined parts
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required for this role *