We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for our client in Atlanta, GA. The Manufacturing Engineer will have responsibility of working with the design team to create a manufacturable product, introduce products and processes to the manufacturing floor, and improve on existing products and processes.
- Design manufacturing processes by conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes and work instructions by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing, planning, and testing processes; verifying product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Engineering development support for creating, processing and tracking ECO’s
- Keeps equipment operational by implementing a preventive maintenance program and setting up repair services as needed; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Create and implement training programs for assembly and test technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, Mechanical or Industrial preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in product manufacturing
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Experience with CAD programs (Solidworks) and SAP ERP system a plus
- Able and willing to travel 2-3 times a year – possible international
- Experience with DFM tools, Design of Experiment, JIT (Just in Time)
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Must have a strong sense of development ownership, responsibility and working commitment
- History of progressive responsibility a plus