Manufacturing Engineer II
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Manufacturing Engineer II
Title:Manufacturing Engineer II
Responsible for developing high quality manufacturing processes for a wide variety of products, including all phases from pilot production planning to final assembly. This individual will be responsible for transitioning products from internal and external to manufacturing, and supporting those products once in routine production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate manufacturing processes; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by applying LEAN, 5S and Six Sigma methods, analyzing and planning staffing, work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information to management by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements. Includes NPI (SPL) support of new products.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Proficient level of understanding or background in lean manufacturing, DFX, fixture design, part design, design for manufacturing and assembly practices.
- Creates and maintains manufacturing records including Bills of Material, assembly and test procedures and work instructions, and test records.
- Implements continuous product improvements aimed at improving reliability, design for manufacturability and assembly (DFMA), as dictated by customer or business needs and requests.
- Keeps production and test equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Support floor personnel in assembly for manufacture, troubleshooting documentation and design issues to resolution.
- Support Program/Project Managers by providing technical assistance
- Perform costing and /or estimates for product changes or new products.
- Direct activities and provide guidance and oversight to more junior engineers and technicians.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Discipline.
- 6+ years’ experience working in an ISO regulated capital equipment product or contract manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with CAD (SolidWorks preferred), MS Office, MS Project, and MRP/ERP systems.
- Solid technical aptitude and understanding of electro/mechanical assemblies.
- Working knowledge of Business Process Software; MRP/PDM; Epicor E9/10 and SW EPDM software experience a plus.
- Solid knowledge of GT&D, inspection methods and tools.
- Experience with New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Occasional travel required.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
- Test Technician in Natick MA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Fabricator in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr iOS engineer in Boston MA
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Administrative Assistant in Milford MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Administrative Assistant in Suwanee GA
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Sr Director Engineering in Alhambra CA
- Lean Manager-Continuous Improvement Manager in Milford NH
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Assembler Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Final Inspectors in Central Manchester CT
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Punch Press Programmer in Duluth GA
- Inventory Clerk in Acton MA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Buyer in Woburn MA
- Systems Development Co-op in Milford MA
- Design Assurance Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Receiving Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Project Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- EM Assembler III in Westboro MA
- Training Coordinator in Ashland MA
- Electromechanical Assembler in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Customer Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- SI Assembler II in Nashua NH
- Service Delivery Manager in Minneapolis MN
- Design Engineer in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Assembler - 2nd Shift in Ashland MA
- Mechanical Designer in Woburn MA
- Lead Packaging Technician in Sutton MA
- Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Account Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Assembler (1st shift) in Ashland MA
- Regional Account Executive MA in Marlborough MA
- Senior Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Senior Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Order Picker in Brooklyn Park MN
- Senior Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Senior Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Senior Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Materials and Production Planner in Tucker GA
- Regional Account Executive MN in Minneapolis MN
- Regional Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Regional Account Executive NJ in Vineland NJ
- Regional Account Executive NH in Nashua NH
- Account Manager MN in Minneapolis MN
- Account Manager GA in Suwanee GA
- Account Manager NJ in Vineland NJ
- Account Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Material Handler in Marlborough MA
- Program Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Program Manager Suwanee GA in Suwanee GA
- Program Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Manufacturing Technician in Duluth GA
- Sales Administrative Assistant in Lawrenceville GA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Logistics Coordinator-Analyst in West Harrison NY
- Datron Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Machine Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Lawrenceville GA
- NC Programmer in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Sterling MA
- Electrical Assembler in Sterling MA
- Fabrication Technician in Sterling MA
- Shipping & Receiving Technician in Sterling MA
- Research Engineering Co-Op Spring 2019 in Milford MA
- Chemistry - Separations Co-op Spring 2019 in Milford MA
- Mechanical Engineering Co-op Spring 2019 in Milford MA
- CNC Machinist in West Bridgewater MA
- Electrical Wirer II in N. Billerica MA
- Chemical Engineering Co-op in Milford MA
- Software Engineering Co-op Spring 2019 in Milford MA
- Quality Manager in Norcross GA
- Executive Assistant in Ayer MA
- Production Associate in Suwanee GA
- Maintenance Technician in Mebane NC