Industrial Engineer II
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Industrial Engineer II
Title:Industrial Engineer II
The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the medical device industry by securing an Industrial Engineer II to join their team.
Industrial Engineer II will be responsible for planning, designing, and controlling production. The Industrial Engineer will create efficient systems that integrate people, information, equipment and materials energy to make products or provide services. The industrial engineer will find ways to reduce waste and variation in production processes using lean manufacturing, six sigma, and traditional industrial engineering methods.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of Industrial Engineer
- Lead the shop floor improvement efforts for the facility.
- Respect the work being performed by the operators. Understand that our business makes money through their efforts. Our job is to support them and give them what they need to be successful.
- Ensure an efficient factory layout with minimal material flow distances traveled. Understand Muther’s SLP method and consider non-flow relationships within the production, warehouse, and office layouts. AutoCAD software experience required. Flow Planner material flow analysis software preferred.
- Improve workplace organization using 6S. Reduce wasted time walking, waiting, and searching. Reduce the opportunity for paperwork and product quality errors.
- Support the creation of standard work instructions and a visual workplace.
- Perform process mapping as necessary to identify/eliminate wasted time and resources.
- Create time standards using time studies. Experience with time study software like ProTime Estimation or TimerPro preferred.
- Support the data acquisition and requirements planning for the implementation of SAP and MES systems. Once implemented, monitor the SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations and ensure compliance with the standardized system configurations.
- Improve communication & information flow throughout the organization.
- Lead kaizen events to solve critical production performance issues.
- Gather and analyze performance metrics. Help the management team improve site metrics. Lead and drive improvement.
- Perform capacity analysis as needed, and support cost analyses for new product introductions.
- Reduce variation within manufacturing as needed using the DMAIC methodology.
- Manage projects and achieve on time and on budget performance.
- Create presentations for management and customers.
- Ensure the standardization of processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policies.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering
- MS in Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
- Lean Manufacturing Certificate and Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in the Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Medical device manufacturing experience preferred.
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Shipping & Receiving in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Branford CT
- Purchasing Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Mechanic in Eagan MN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Electrical Controls Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Material Handler in Waltham MA
- Stockroom Attendant 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- System Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Inventory Clerk in Los Alamitos CA
- CNC Machinist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Sr Mechanical Engineer in Boston MA
- Customer Support Rep in Los Alamitos CA
- Applications Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Project Manager in Fairburn GA
- NDE Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician-Quality Control in Buford GA
- Press Brake Operator-Night Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Sr Buyers - Medical in Merrimack NH
- Client Services Assistant in Oklahoma City OK
- Administrative Assistant in Norwood MA
- Specimen Technician I in Chantilly VA
- Quality Inspector in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- CNC MACHINE OPERATOR – 2nd shift in Central Manchester CT
- Controls Engineer in Covington GA
- Inside Sales Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering Technician in Burnsville MN
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-22-19 in Westborough MA
- Light Duty - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Multi-Purpose Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Process Engineer in Fall River MA
- Solderer Level 3 in Nashua NH
- Training Coordinator in Milford MA
- Lead Process and Quality Engineer in Leominster MA
- Process Engineer in Leominster MA
- Systems Tech in Beverly MA
- Specimen Technician I in Norwood MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Golden CO
- Field Service Technician in North Charleston SC
- Press Brake Operator in Suwanee GA
- CNC Maintenance Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-15-19 in Westborough MA
- Brake Press Operator in Duluth GA
- Assembly Tech II 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- 1st Shift Shipper in Newton MA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Office Support Assistant in Norwood MA
- Lab Assistant I in Memphis TN
- Packaging Assembly in Marlborough MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- CNC Machinist in Boylston MA
- HR Generalist in Franklin MA
- Machine Operator in Suwanee GA
- Production Coordinator in Lynn MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Sharpsburg PA
- E&I Technician 1st & 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- CNC Machinist (Weekend Days) in Milford MA
- QC Inspector in Needham Heights MA
- Lab Associate in Norwood MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Quality Engineer in Branford CT
- Value Add Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Pressure Vessel Pre-Fabrication in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Bloomington MN
- Reach-Lift Operator in Jefferson GA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Newnan GA
- Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Development Engineering Tech I in Westborough MA
- Export Coordinator in Newton MA
- NDE Specialist in North Canton OH
- Customer Service in Northborough MA
- Shipper-Receiver in Northborough MA
- Customer Order Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician in Acton MA
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Everett WA
- Test Engineer in Manchester NH
- Second Shift Maintenance Mechanic in Haverhill MA
- Manufacturing Process Specialist - Grinding in North Canton OH
- Field Machine Technician in Suwanee GA
- Electro-Mechanic Technician in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator (All Shifts) in Ashland MA
- Process Engineer in Olive Branch MS
- Underwriter in Marlborough MA
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Shipper in Waltham MA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN