HW - Senior Project Manager
HW - Senior Project Manager
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager that will work closely with program management, subsystem technical leads, and other engineers to manage and coordinate engineering activities. S/he will be responsible for project management activities for one or more groups dedicated to specific platform subsystems.
This person will ensure that his/her engineering teams:
- Are efficient, effective and well-coordinated.
- Have clear priorities and goals.
- Develop and tracks to schedules.
- Deliver quality designs according to process.
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating a cross-functional team during the development of an electromechanical system that includes software components:
- Coordinate, develop and track schedules, plans, tasks, and priorities.
- Anticipate and mitigate risk points. Make tradeoffs between time, schedule, and cost; while meeting safety and regulatory requirements.
- Support engineering teams to follow effective process. Promote communication between multiple platform teams and disciplines.
- With technical leads, develop and manage R&D process and tools for specific subsystems. Assist with design, selection and implementation of tools and processes.
- With technical leads, track the financials of the project. Generate forecasts, manage accruals, and track actuals against the forecast
- Develop a broad understanding of the Medtronic Surgical Robotics and Instrumentation Businesses, products, and clinical applications and leverage the knowledge of others
- Ability to coordinate, track, proof and finalize project documents as needed with limited supervision
- Proven ability in coach and influence project teams to achieve maximum performance and efficiency in the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 3-5 years of Project Management or Engineering experience
- Experience with highly regulated and/or safety-critical systems is required (medical device experience strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of hardware engineering management, both tools and process (project tracking/scheduling; bills of materials; document management; issue/bug tracking; configuration management; integration/release testing; etc.)
- Solid understanding of structured product development (requirements-driven engineering, requirements documentation, rigorous verification, DFMEA, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft suite of tools (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to influence all customers (both internal and external) on issues that impact the business and its technical service and product strategies
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Administration (MBA)
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience managing projects in the medical device industry
- Ideation, development, and release of large electro-mechanical capital products.
- Electromechanical systems involving custom electronics (PCBs), moving mechanical mechanisms, and embedded computing are strongly preferred
- Previous experience with or knowledge of software development processes.
- Demonstrated experience in accomplishing objectives. Able to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with 21CFR Part 820 and ISO 13485