Field Service-Repair Technician
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Field Service-Repair Technician
Title:Field Service/Repair Technician
Field Service/Repair Technician:
We are currently seeking for a Field Service/Repair Technician for one of our clients in Harvey, LA. The Technician will be responsible for Assembly, Installation, and Repair of Gas Turbine Engines. This role is a direct hire and requires the candidate to travel 20-30%, mostly overseas. While not travelling the Technician will report daily to the facility and provide production support.
Responsibilities of the Field Service/Repair Technician:
- Overall responsibility for resolving field service problems for installed marine and industrial products, engine and full system, including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance actions, upgrades and warranty services.
- Includes scheduling and planning (tools, parts, etc.), troubleshooting and problem solving, and hands-on corrective actions.
- Includes troubleshooting, development of corrective actions, definition of replacement part requirements, and hands-on implementation of corrective actions.
- Provide assembly of new parts and components in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide on-site commissioning support for industrial and marine projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Direct customer interface; communicating root cause of problems, corrective actions, schedule of events and overall technical guidance.
- Documentation of field service events using appropriate forms and processes.
- Update customer records after performing on-site maintenance. Provide customers with configuration support for in-service engines.
- Maintain and improve current customer relationships for all aftermarket services.
- Maintain fleet database for all engines in service.
- Training of customers and cross training of fellow employees.
- Support customer training events performed at VPSNO.
- Support Engineering with maintenance of development engine.
- Review new and revised technical publications. Provide feedback for areas of improvement.
- Expeditiously resolve customers technical problems consistent with the standards defined in the product technical publications and in a cost effective manner.
- Perform overhaul and repair work consistent with the standards defined in the product technical publications and in a cost effective manner and within defined schedule.
- Maintain necessary documentation for all MR&O services performed.
- Documentation of all costs associated with revenue generating events, including hardware transfers from or to inventory, hardware repair costs (internal and external), shipping expenses, etc. Support creation of invoices for services performed. Define hardware needs to perform services and create/submit purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Identify tooling problems and initiate corrective actions.
- Support development of customer invoices for field services performed.
- Clearly document all labour hours, hardware and consumables.
- Arrange shipment of field return hardware and tools, and ensure proper packaging of these items.
- Provide direct customer feedback to Manager of Aftermarket Support and identify potential corrective actions to customers’ problems, and potential methods to achieve cost and schedule reductions, performance and quality enhancements.
- Demonstrate commitment to superior customer service and high quality standards.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Requirements of the Field Service/Repair Technician:
- 5 years of hands-on experience with industrial/marine gas turbines, and analog and digital control systems.
- Familiar with gas turbine technology & marine/industrial markets.
- 5 years of direct customer support experience.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident status required.
- Experience with computer software, such as MS Word, and Excel or similar tools.
- Strong customer relations experience. Ability to develop new and enhance existing customer relationships.
- Certified mechanics license preferable.
- Trained in areas of Safety & Hazardous Materials.
- Experience with bills of material, source control, technical drawings, and manufacturing of gas turbines and marine and industrial systems.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100 Quality System requirements.
- Direct experience in commissioning, setting to work, troubleshooting, servicing and maintaining marine (propulsion) and/or industrial (power generation, mechanical drive and combined heat and power) systems.
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Maintenance Tech in Lawrenceville GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Welder in Allston MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Bedford MA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Quality Engineer in Duluth GA
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- Structural Engineer in Ball Ground GA
- Assembler in Milford MA
- Sr. Buyer - Planner in Chelmsford MA
- Supply Chain Manager in Chelmsford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Tucker GA
- Senior Document Control Specialist in Cambridge MA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Lead Mechanical Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Sr Test Engineer in Bedford MA
- Controller in Merrimack NH
- Sr. Design Engineer in Chaska MN
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Lead in Olive Branch MS
- Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift in Ashland MA
- Buyer in Hudson MA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering in Burnsville MN
- Manufacturing Engineer-Contract in Charlton MA
- Quality Inspector - Technician in Fridley MN
- Technical Recruiter-Program Manager - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Quality Management Systems Coordinator in Hudson NH
- Software Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Chief Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Engineering Tech in Merrimack NH
- Warehouse - Forklift Driver in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Westborough MA
- Machine Learning Co-op in Milford MA
- Electronics Process Development Engineer in Framingham MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Manufacturing Engineer-Product Development in Charlton MA
- Maintenance Technician in Pendergrass GA
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Burlington MA
- Director of Hardware Engineering in Burlington MA
- Welder in Gainesville GA
- Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Assembly Technician in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse - Picker 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Assembler (1st & 2nd shift) in Ashland MA
- Account Manager in Memphis TN
- Superintendent (NH) in Bow NH
- Lab Technician in Watertown MA
- Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- Administrative Assistant in Ayer MA
- Senior Software Engineer in North Billerica MA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Norwood MA
- Account Payable Specialist in Auburn MA
- BIM Designer in Norcross GA
- Piping Designer in Avondale Estates GA
- CNC Machinist in Vineland NJ
- Material Handler in Vineland NJ
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Sr. Product Development Engineer in Newnan GA
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- RF Test Technician in Vineland NJ
- Electronic Rework Operator in Vineland NJ
- Electromechanical Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Credit Analyst in Norwell MA
- Robotics Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Electrical Engineer in White Bear Lake MN
- Quality Engineer in Framingham MA
- Technical Service Administrator in Milford MA
- Talent Acquisition Program Manager in Milford MA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Marketing Coordinator in Boxboro MA
- Sr. Production Technician in Merrimack NH
- Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Sourcing Manager in Cambridge MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pawtucket RI
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Software Engineering Manager in Danvers MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- RMA Tech in Nashua NH
- Final Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Senior Accountant in Cambridge MA
- Electro-Mechanical Tech in Beverly MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Industrial Designer in Round Rock TX
- Account Manager in Marlborough MA
- Inventory Control in Alpharetta GA
- Machine Operator in Alpharetta GA
- SMT Operator in Burnsville MN
- Technical Laboratory Supervisor in Memphis TN
- QA-QC Specialist in Memphis TN