Field Service-Repair Technician
Field Service/Repair Technician:
We are currently seeking for a Field Service/Repair Technician for one of our clients in Harvey, LA. The Technician will be responsible for Assembly, Installation, and Repair of Gas Turbine Engines. This role is a direct hire and requires the candidate to travel 20-30%, mostly overseas. While not travelling the Technician will report daily to the facility and provide production support.
Responsibilities of the Field Service/Repair Technician:
- Overall responsibility for resolving field service problems for installed marine and industrial products, engine and full system, including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance actions, upgrades and warranty services.
- Includes scheduling and planning (tools, parts, etc.), troubleshooting and problem solving, and hands-on corrective actions.
- Includes troubleshooting, development of corrective actions, definition of replacement part requirements, and hands-on implementation of corrective actions.
- Provide assembly of new parts and components in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide on-site commissioning support for industrial and marine projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Direct customer interface; communicating root cause of problems, corrective actions, schedule of events and overall technical guidance.
- Documentation of field service events using appropriate forms and processes.
- Update customer records after performing on-site maintenance. Provide customers with configuration support for in-service engines.
- Maintain and improve current customer relationships for all aftermarket services.
- Maintain fleet database for all engines in service.
- Training of customers and cross training of fellow employees.
- Support customer training events performed at VPSNO.
- Support Engineering with maintenance of development engine.
- Review new and revised technical publications. Provide feedback for areas of improvement.
- Expeditiously resolve customers technical problems consistent with the standards defined in the product technical publications and in a cost effective manner.
- Perform overhaul and repair work consistent with the standards defined in the product technical publications and in a cost effective manner and within defined schedule.
- Maintain necessary documentation for all MR&O services performed.
- Documentation of all costs associated with revenue generating events, including hardware transfers from or to inventory, hardware repair costs (internal and external), shipping expenses, etc. Support creation of invoices for services performed. Define hardware needs to perform services and create/submit purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Identify tooling problems and initiate corrective actions.
- Support development of customer invoices for field services performed.
- Clearly document all labour hours, hardware and consumables.
- Arrange shipment of field return hardware and tools, and ensure proper packaging of these items.
- Provide direct customer feedback to Manager of Aftermarket Support and identify potential corrective actions to customers’ problems, and potential methods to achieve cost and schedule reductions, performance and quality enhancements.
- Demonstrate commitment to superior customer service and high quality standards.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Requirements of the Field Service/Repair Technician:
- 5 years of hands-on experience with industrial/marine gas turbines, and analog and digital control systems.
- Familiar with gas turbine technology & marine/industrial markets.
- 5 years of direct customer support experience.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident status required.
- Experience with computer software, such as MS Word, and Excel or similar tools.
- Strong customer relations experience. Ability to develop new and enhance existing customer relationships.
- Certified mechanics license preferable.
- Trained in areas of Safety & Hazardous Materials.
- Experience with bills of material, source control, technical drawings, and manufacturing of gas turbines and marine and industrial systems.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100 Quality System requirements.
- Direct experience in commissioning, setting to work, troubleshooting, servicing and maintaining marine (propulsion) and/or industrial (power generation, mechanical drive and combined heat and power) systems.