Field Service Technician-Engineer
Field Service Engineer
We are currently helping a client in a search for a Field Service Engineer in Norcross, Ga. The Field Service Enginner will perform project startups, which includes instrument installation, calibrating, and commissioning; panel terminations, markups, and testing; network terminations and testing; and instrumentation and panel training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
- Performs startup of project instrumentation, which may include installation, wiring, terminations, and calibrations.
- Commissions control panels on the jobsite, which includes field signal wiring, panel wire terminations, input/output signal checkout, and field equipment interfacing.
- Terminates plant network fiber and copper cables, and tests signal loss in each segment.
- Marks up control panel drawings with additions, deletions, and modifications to reflect actual field equipment interfaces.
- Provides customer training on project instrumentation and control panels.
- Provides on-site troubleshooting assistance to Contractor, Electrician, and Owner, as necessary.
- Provides on-call service for customers with Maintenance Contracts as directed by the Service Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
- 4 year college degree in Engineering
- 3 years field service experience is required.
- Comprehension of contract Electrical & P&ID drawings is essential.
- Ability to communicate with customers (notably Contractors, Electricians, and Owners), management, and co-workers is crucial.
- Substantial travel (90 %+) is required for project startup and service calls