Field Service Engineer
Provide in-house and on-site customer support to ensure successful installation and operation of companies systems. The primary customer base is the Semiconductor and Photovoltaic industries as well as research and development facilities. This candidate will handle service issues related to all companies products, working directly with customers and local representatives. The candidate will work closely with other departments to ensure full support of customer service needs and maintain service excellence.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-site field service support at customers’ facilities worldwide to address tool installation, emergency repair, warranty service and service contract work
- Coordinate rapid response on service related issues to both internal and external customers
- Prepare service reports in a timely manner to document issues and ensure effective resolution
- Prepare and conduct service-related training for internal and external customers
- Test companiesproduction and diagnostics system software
- Work with internal and external resources to generate product documentation including service manuals, technical support bulletins and field service procedures
- Report system design issues that impact tool performance
- Produce Engineering Change Orders related to system improvements
- The job involves up to 50% domestic and international travel
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in a technical field
- Minimum 3 years of field service experience on equipment related support in semiconductor or PV related industry. Direct fab experience is a plus.
- Robot teaching or fab automation is preferred.
- Demonstrated good customer interaction record with strong presentation and communication skills
- Must have strong hands-on mechanical and electrical skills and demonstrated ability to trouble shoot failure in equipment and sub-systems.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, and capable of multi-tasking
- Must be customer focused, proactive, organized, and a logical thinker
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record with a legal working status in the United States
- Submit to drug screening and background check when required by customer for onsite work permit