We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer with 5 or more years of experience for our client in Atlanta, GA.
- Manage the existing process control strategies (existing control loops will be measured on a daily basis for loop performance –time in automatic control, process variation alarms, etc.)
- Develop new control loop technologies for the Entire Complex (determine needs based financial impact of process stability, investigate solutions, lead projects to implement proper control loops)
- Owner of the existing on-line measurement systems (consistency , flow, level transmitters) –develops “draw-down” schedule to periodically check that validity of the systems as well as wet/dry end scanners
- Investigate new on-line systems to determine best fit for predictive impacts on Production/Quality
- Works closely with Production/Maintenance to help troubleshoot issues as they arise, and drives completion of counter-measures
- A BS in Electrical, or Computer Engineering is desired
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position is required
- Experience in Manufacturing and /or, Fulfillment industries is a plus.
- Must have proven experience with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Automation Direct, Toshiba, etc.
- Must have proven experience with any of the following DCS Systems: ABB, Foxboro, Honeywell, Moore-Siemens, etc.
- Experience with on-line scanners such as Voith, ABB, Measurex-Honeywell, Metso is a plus.
- Schneider PLC experience
- The ideal candidate must have knowledge of process manufacturing field instrumentation, technology and continuous process manufacturing expertise in all of the following project phases: Requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system integration, testing and on-site startup. Daily responsibilities include solutions implementation and support of the project team objectives.