We are looking for a Commodity Manager that enjoys strategic sourcing to join our growing Supply Chain team.
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive commodity plans with a focus on inventory reduction; material cost reduction; technology roadmap; and best in class sources of supply.
- Evaluate supply chain and supplier cost structure; perform make buy analysis; negotiate supply agreements.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory and services in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Select and evaluate suppliers.
- Participate on cross-functional teams.
- Create and manage high-level business agreements and relationships with supplier companies that can be successfully executed at the tactical level by Buyer.
- Proactively assist in resolving major problem areas that arise at the tactical level.
- Function as the organization's resident expert regarding the products, components, and materials.
- Inform Operations Managements of commodity strategies and their impact on manufacturing.
- BS/MS in Business or related field
- 10 – 15 years related materials experience
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skill
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Professional certification is desirable
- Solid knowledge of computer use and software such as Word, Excel, MRP system.
- Proven presentation skills and ability to work as a team player