CNC Process Engineer
CNC Process Engineer
CNC Process Engineer / Troy, AL
This is a direct hire opportunity and relocation assistance is available.
The CNC Process Engineer will provide a broad Knowledge of cutting tools with the ability to trouble shoot 5 axis milling, multi spindle turning operations & Swiss machining processes. High level of understanding of CAD/CAM software (Master Cam), and hands on experience with G-code & macro programming. This position requires working knowledge & hands on ability to perform machine run offs. Broad & in-depth knowledge of at multiple machine control systems with a wide knowledge of multiple machining platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates CNC programs for a variety of multi-axis CNC machines, including vertical & horizontal milling machines, mill turns, & Swiss lathes.
- Identifies and implements solutions for increased machine productivity and capability.
- Provides technical support for quality controls, process improvements, cost savings, process development projects, etc.
- Provides support for the development of manufacturing processes on various multi axis milling & turning machines.
- Develops machining solutions to support new product development.
- Leads projects and processes; works with cross-functional teams to complete projects.
- Works with equipment/tooling and material vendors - Evaluates processes for improvements.
- Creates tool setup sheets for operators/machinists for use on the shop floor.
- Provide CNC technical expertise during DFM process with regard to new product development.
- Knowledgeable of General Manufacturing Processes & Lean Six Sigma Tools.
- Proven manufacturing background with CNC programming, setup & operation.
- Experience in Master Cam, Solid Works preferred.
- Proven experience with NC controllers (PLC), FANUC robotics and computer numerical control (CNC) programming from computer aided design (CAD) models is a plus.
Minimum 5 years CNC programming experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- Technical Degree in CNC
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Kaizen event experience
- 5S knowledge and experience
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at 470-655-4816.