Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Davis National Staffing is looking to hire multiple direct placement experienced Buyer/Planners (Level I and II) with experience handling ERP systems and a strong reporting background. If interested in this role, please apply to this posting and to expedite you can email your Word formatted resume with contact information included to Rich Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buyer/Planner - I/II
Responsible for all materials planning and production scheduling for assigned products and/or manufacturing cells to meet the guidelines established by the Master Schedule. Purchase a wide variety of nonstandard, specialized and custom equipment and materials requiring knowledge of electronic and/or mechanical product specifications and sources of supply.
• Provides input to management for financial budgets for assigned programs on a monthly basis.
• Works under the direction of a more senior buyer planner or manager to adjust deliveries in order to maximize cash flow.
• Under general supervision, works on “developmental” and “transition to production” programs.
• With the guidance of more senior level staff, determines supplier capabilities and works with multiple suppliers to establish a competitive environment.
• Visits key program suppliers – with support, evaluates capacity or capabilities. Utilizing knowledge of ethics, knows when to question supplier requests.
• Creates planning BOM and ensures accuracy for customer repairs.
• Has basic understanding of how MRP works and the interaction with other Oracle modules.
• Releases discreet jobs and requisitions, manages most exceptions, and uses pegging to identify problems from the ERP workbench.
• Releases orders to the shop and suppliers with more discreet scheduling than suggested to optimize inventory levels. Capable of setting up Kanbans with assistance.
• Prioritizes multiple items thru inspection and internal suppliers. Coordinates resources to expedite competing priorities.
• Works with suppliers to implement a previously defined inventory replenishment strategy.
• Utilize knowledge of Lean to apply continuous improvement to daily activities.
• Able to effectively interact with team members. Can create written and verbal reports and may deliver presentations with some management involvement. Communicates internal problems or issues to managers.
• With guidance from supervisor or more senior level Buyer Planner, reviews data and understands how the information affects program success.
• Cooperates with coworkers and helps team leader meet goals. Shares information and ideas with the team. Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities.
• Sends out quote packages.
• Groups like items for negotiations.
• Attends CCB if supporting a program. Can disposition most ECOs without assistance.
• May train lower level Buyer Planners on routine tasks.
• Completes scheduled basic status reporting and notifies management of any issues that may impact customer delivery or quality.
• Possesses some familiarity with regulatory requirements (RoHs, Reach, FAA, FDA, FAR/DFAR, ITAR) that directly affect their program.
• With assistance, may perform a basic price analysis.
• Works with customer to establish delivery schedule on instruments; leads weekly intercompany review meetings; communicates with customer’s traffic department for logistical details.
• Contacts supplier to request RMA and checks for export license, as required.
• Actively participates in MRB meetings.
A Bachelor's Degree and 1 ++ years of experience and 1-3+ years related experience in Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Purchasing, Production Control, Inventory Control, Just In Time Production, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification a plus. Knowledge of Oracle system also a plus. Level of lean understanding equivalent to a green belt.
Must possess an understanding of Order Entry, Purchasing, and other manufacturing modules. Will have some knowledge of assigned commodities. Must be able to generate spreadsheets with intermediate difficulty, including formulas and formatting. Requires basic/intermediate skill level in Word and PowerPoint and ability to create basic Discoverer reports. Occasional travel, both domestic and international
- Buyer - Planner in Peabody MA
- Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Press Break Machine Operator in Peabody MA
- Electro Mechanical Assembler in Lowell MA
- Chemistry Technician I in Golden CO
- Controls Engineer in Mt. Washington KY
- Electronic Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Estimator in Pendergrass GA
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Assembly-Production Tech in Golden CO
- Assembler, CT in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Shipping & Recieving in Alpharetta GA
- Estimation Technician in Memphis TN
- CAD Modeler in Carrolton GA
- Associate Videographer in Milford MA
- Inventory Clerk in Rochester NH
- Computer - Production Technician in Rochester NH
- Engineering Administrative Assistant in Westborough MA
- Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Material Handler III in Milford MA
- Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Billerica MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Machine Operator III in Bridgeport NJ
- Machine Operator I in Bridgeport NJ
- Payroll-HR Clerk in Millville NJ
- Credit Specialist in Memphis TN
- Material Handler (Production) 2-13 in Westborough MA
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- EM Assembler in Holliston MA
- Warehouse - General Labor in Oxford MA
- Electronic Technician in Memphis TN
- Accounts Payable Specialist in Milford MA
- Test Operator in Nashua NH
- EM Assembler in Leominster MA
- Order Picker in Wilsonville OR
- Associate CMM Layout Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Entry Level Staff Accountant in Golden CO
- Maintenance Mechanic in Maple Grove MN
- CNC Programmer in Leominster MA
- Document Control Specialist in North Billerica MA
- CNC Turning Machinist in Milford MA
- Accountant in Hudson MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanics - 2nd and 3rd shifts in Lincoln RI
- Assembler-Kitter in Norwood MA
- Electrical Design Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Shipping and Receiving Supervisor in Westborough MA
- Custodian in Westborough MA
- Production Supervisor in Conyers GA
- Material Handler (Production) in Westborough MA
- Candidate Experience Coordinator in Manhattan NY
- Diesel Technician in Lilburn GA
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Controls Technician in Portland ME
- Manual Machinist in New Haven CT
- Engineer, Navigation Systems 18-0054 in Alhambra CA
- Sr Electrical Designer in Minneapolis MN
- IT Technician in Norcross GA
- Quality Engineer in Dover NH
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Advanced Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift Production Supervisor in Brooklyn Park MN
- Endoscope Technician in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Franklin MA
- Operator- Assembly tech in Central Manchester CT
- Industrial Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Executive Assistant in Newton MA
- Logistics Clerk in Franklin MA
- Machine shop Lead - Supervisor in Central Manchester CT
- Preventative Maintenance Tech - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Mechanical - Incoming Inspector in Hudson NH
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- EHS Technician - Environmental Health & Safety Tech in Maple Grove MN
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- Paint & Assembly Supervisor in Norcross GA
- Lab Analyst in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Hollis NH
- Production Support Technician- 18-0027 in Alhambra CA
- MOCVD Section Manager- 18-0011 in Alhambra CA
- Product Engineer in Milford NH
- Assembly & Automation Process Engineer in North Canton OH
- Maintenance Mechanic in Shrewsbury MA
- Electronics Technician in Framingham MA
- Logistics Coordinator in Bartlett TN
- Test Tech - 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Test Operator 2nd shift in Westboro MA
- Solder Assembler II-III 2nd shift in Westboro
- EM Assembler I-II (2nd Shift) in Westboro MA
- Test Operator - AOI -1st shift in Westboro MA
- Quality Inspector II - PCB in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Production Supervisor in Shrewsbury MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Millville NJ
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Gainesville GA