Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Davis National Staffing is looking to hire multiple direct placement experienced Buyer/Planners (Level I and II) with experience handling ERP systems and a strong reporting background. If interested in this role, please apply to this posting and to expedite you can email your Word formatted resume with contact information included to Rich Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buyer/Planner - I/II
Responsible for all materials planning and production scheduling for assigned products and/or manufacturing cells to meet the guidelines established by the Master Schedule. Purchase a wide variety of nonstandard, specialized and custom equipment and materials requiring knowledge of electronic and/or mechanical product specifications and sources of supply.
• Provides input to management for financial budgets for assigned programs on a monthly basis.
• Works under the direction of a more senior buyer planner or manager to adjust deliveries in order to maximize cash flow.
• Under general supervision, works on “developmental” and “transition to production” programs.
• With the guidance of more senior level staff, determines supplier capabilities and works with multiple suppliers to establish a competitive environment.
• Visits key program suppliers – with support, evaluates capacity or capabilities. Utilizing knowledge of ethics, knows when to question supplier requests.
• Creates planning BOM and ensures accuracy for customer repairs.
• Has basic understanding of how MRP works and the interaction with other Oracle modules.
• Releases discreet jobs and requisitions, manages most exceptions, and uses pegging to identify problems from the ERP workbench.
• Releases orders to the shop and suppliers with more discreet scheduling than suggested to optimize inventory levels. Capable of setting up Kanbans with assistance.
• Prioritizes multiple items thru inspection and internal suppliers. Coordinates resources to expedite competing priorities.
• Works with suppliers to implement a previously defined inventory replenishment strategy.
• Utilize knowledge of Lean to apply continuous improvement to daily activities.
• Able to effectively interact with team members. Can create written and verbal reports and may deliver presentations with some management involvement. Communicates internal problems or issues to managers.
• With guidance from supervisor or more senior level Buyer Planner, reviews data and understands how the information affects program success.
• Cooperates with coworkers and helps team leader meet goals. Shares information and ideas with the team. Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities.
• Sends out quote packages.
• Groups like items for negotiations.
• Attends CCB if supporting a program. Can disposition most ECOs without assistance.
• May train lower level Buyer Planners on routine tasks.
• Completes scheduled basic status reporting and notifies management of any issues that may impact customer delivery or quality.
• Possesses some familiarity with regulatory requirements (RoHs, Reach, FAA, FDA, FAR/DFAR, ITAR) that directly affect their program.
• With assistance, may perform a basic price analysis.
• Works with customer to establish delivery schedule on instruments; leads weekly intercompany review meetings; communicates with customer’s traffic department for logistical details.
• Contacts supplier to request RMA and checks for export license, as required.
• Actively participates in MRB meetings.
A Bachelor's Degree and 1 ++ years of experience and 1-3+ years related experience in Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Purchasing, Production Control, Inventory Control, Just In Time Production, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification a plus. Knowledge of Oracle system also a plus. Level of lean understanding equivalent to a green belt.
Must possess an understanding of Order Entry, Purchasing, and other manufacturing modules. Will have some knowledge of assigned commodities. Must be able to generate spreadsheets with intermediate difficulty, including formulas and formatting. Requires basic/intermediate skill level in Word and PowerPoint and ability to create basic Discoverer reports. Occasional travel, both domestic and international
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- Human Resources Generalist in Marlborough MA
- Assembly Tech in Alpharetta GA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Part Time Receptionist in Lowell MA
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Inventory Control Associate in Woburn MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- Medical Lab Tech in Norwood MA
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Tool Room-Maintenance Supervisor in Atlanta GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Buyer in Peabody MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Customer Service Admin in Duluth GA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Material Planner in Bartlett TN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Specialist in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA
- Marketing Communication Associate in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in North Charleston SC
- CAD Designer in Arlington TN
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift) in Ashland MA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Altium Designer in Lawrenceville GA
- Endoscope Technician in Bartlett TN
- SMT Production lead in Milford NH
- Industrial Engineer in Newnan GA
- NDT Inspector III in Central Manchester CT
- Fiber Optic -Cable Assembly 1st Shift in Portsmouth NH
- Fiber Optic - Cable Assembly 2nd shift in Portsmouth NH
- 5 Operating Molders in Hopkinton MA
- Microdeburer A in Milford MA
- Engineering Techs in Merrimack NH
- Belt Fabricator in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Representative in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator in Cumming GA
- Equipment Operator (Reach Lift) in Jefferson GA