Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
We are currently hiring for a Senior Manager at our Global Organization based in Boston, MA.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Based in Boston, MA, the Senior Manager, Real Estate Accounting is a key member of the Global Controllership team with global platform responsibility for:
- Establishing and leading a “center of excellence” pertaining to real estate accounting, which will ensure consistent application of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (US GAAP) across the global organization
- Managing all end-to-end aspects of real estate accounting (inclusive of leased Real Estate, Equipment, Fleet, etc), including month end reconciliation processes
- Overseeing the North American real estate tax and prepaid rent reconciliation process
- Partnering with the Global Real Estate (“GRE”) team as a trusted advisor surrounding the accounting implications of various real estate transactions
- The Senior Manager will also act as a key contributor to the process of the Company adopting the new US GAAP lease accounting standard, as well as other important programs and initiatives across the Global Controllership.
- Ensure that the real estate accounting is complete, accurate and delivered timely to the corporate accounting team monthly for North America. This will include deferred rent schedules/reconciliations, property tax accrual/prepaid schedules, prepaid rent reconciliations, various other accruals, and other support necessary to account for various real estate transactions.
- Review and approve all monthly reconciliations completed by other members of the lease accounting team including any outsourced providers.
- Being a key contributor to the Company’s adoption of the new US GAAP lease accounting standard, as well as various other special projects involving real estate.
- Take responsibility and accountability for approving any relevant SOX and/or ACE controls.
- Assist the GRE team with the annual budget process for North America occupancy expenses. Provide resource and assistance for the loading of said budget into the appropriate Hyperion model.
- Interface readily with IM’s outsourced lease administration provider (CBRE) and use and leverage the Tririga platform as needed for all lease administration needs including the monthly preparation and payment of rent.
- Review leases prior and subsequent to execution to ensure compliance with US GAAP, primarily focused on reviewing or preparing ASC 840 testing and deferred rent schedules. Perform the final accounting review for all newly abstracted leases.
- Assist the GRE team with structuring deals that will comply with US GAAP
- Responsible for research and accounting relating to capital leases, sales, purchases, tenant improvements, subleases, Real Estate facility GL coding and other real estate related transactions.
- Enhance and implementing new policies, procedures, processes, controls and systems based on real estate and/or accounting best practices.
- Manage and coach those responsible for the preparation of the various month end closing activities.
- Influence and educate other internal and external team members to comply with accounting and system requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate finance, finance/accounting, or other related area is required. Graduate degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Requires 7+ years of broad business experience with an emphasis on accounting, real estate finance or business finance.
- 6+ years of “Big 4” public accounting experience with large ($500M+ revenues) publicly-held, multi-national organizations.
- CPA with experience researching complicated accounting issues
- Strong technical expertise in accounting for real estate (including leases) in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience in researching technical accounting issues strongly preferred.
- Career progression should indicate positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
- Experience with enterprise-wide applications and accounting systems (such as Oracle and Hyperion) are a definite plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to interface effectively with clients, peers and senior management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstration of ability to work both independently as well as within a team structure
- Strong influencing skills through the use of facts and logical arguments
- Ability to deal with conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to work productively in environment requiring multi-tasking and working against deadlines
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyze the quality and completeness of results quickly and accurately.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies to resolve problems at their source
- Assembler III in Hudson NH
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Payroll Administrator in Merrimack NH
- Sr Buyer in Bloomington MN
- Manufacturing Test Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Controls Engineer in Newnan GA
- Purchaser in Duluth GA
- Quality Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- QA Tech in Doraville GA
- Test Tech in Acton MA
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- CNC Machinist in Middleboro MA
- CAD Designer in McBee SC
- Industrial Engineer in McBee SC
- Helper in Doraville GA
- Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Design -Drafter in Concord NH
- buyer -Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Quality Assurance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Marketing Program Manager III in Lowell MA
- Engineering Technician in Concord NH
- Press Brake Operator in Acton MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Welder in Acton MA
- Assembler in Derry NH
- Manufacturing Project Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Forklift - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Middleboro MA
- Stock Prep Position in Middleboro MA
- Assembler (1st Shift) in Middleboro MA
- Quality Assurance Inspector in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Associate Service Consultant in Memphis TN
- Quality Tech in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Milford MA
- Service Tech - Installer in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator-Beltline - Weekend Shift in Suwanee GA
- Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Timing Belt Fabrication 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Artisto Technician in Suwanee GA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Maintenance Technician in Hickory NC
- SMT Machine Operator in Milford NH
- Buyer-Planner in Merrimack NH
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic in Billerica MA
- Mechanical Inspector III in Waltham MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Chaska MN
- Maintenance Manager in Atlanta GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Manufacturing Supervisor-Machining in Wilmington MA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Laboratory Assistant 1 in Memphis TN
- Medical Device Assembler in Minneapolis MN
- Expeditor in Lawrenceville GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Client Support Clerk - Temporary in Memphis TN
- Embedded Engineer in Watertown MA
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Customer Reception and Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Lab Technician in Suwanee GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Document Control Specialist in Worcester MA
- Warehouse Lead 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Desktop Support in Suwanee GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- DMR Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Shipping and Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Test Operator in Westboro MA
- Warehouse - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- Material Handler in Westborough MA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- Talent Acquisition Manager in Marlborough MA
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate in Ashland MA
- Electrical Engineer in Ashland MA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Chaska MN