Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
We are currently hiring for a Senior Manager at our Global Organization based in Boston, MA.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Based in Boston, MA, the Senior Manager, Real Estate Accounting is a key member of the Global Controllership team with global platform responsibility for:
- Establishing and leading a “center of excellence” pertaining to real estate accounting, which will ensure consistent application of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (US GAAP) across the global organization
- Managing all end-to-end aspects of real estate accounting (inclusive of leased Real Estate, Equipment, Fleet, etc), including month end reconciliation processes
- Overseeing the North American real estate tax and prepaid rent reconciliation process
- Partnering with the Global Real Estate (“GRE”) team as a trusted advisor surrounding the accounting implications of various real estate transactions
- The Senior Manager will also act as a key contributor to the process of the Company adopting the new US GAAP lease accounting standard, as well as other important programs and initiatives across the Global Controllership.
- Ensure that the real estate accounting is complete, accurate and delivered timely to the corporate accounting team monthly for North America. This will include deferred rent schedules/reconciliations, property tax accrual/prepaid schedules, prepaid rent reconciliations, various other accruals, and other support necessary to account for various real estate transactions.
- Review and approve all monthly reconciliations completed by other members of the lease accounting team including any outsourced providers.
- Being a key contributor to the Company’s adoption of the new US GAAP lease accounting standard, as well as various other special projects involving real estate.
- Take responsibility and accountability for approving any relevant SOX and/or ACE controls.
- Assist the GRE team with the annual budget process for North America occupancy expenses. Provide resource and assistance for the loading of said budget into the appropriate Hyperion model.
- Interface readily with IM’s outsourced lease administration provider (CBRE) and use and leverage the Tririga platform as needed for all lease administration needs including the monthly preparation and payment of rent.
- Review leases prior and subsequent to execution to ensure compliance with US GAAP, primarily focused on reviewing or preparing ASC 840 testing and deferred rent schedules. Perform the final accounting review for all newly abstracted leases.
- Assist the GRE team with structuring deals that will comply with US GAAP
- Responsible for research and accounting relating to capital leases, sales, purchases, tenant improvements, subleases, Real Estate facility GL coding and other real estate related transactions.
- Enhance and implementing new policies, procedures, processes, controls and systems based on real estate and/or accounting best practices.
- Manage and coach those responsible for the preparation of the various month end closing activities.
- Influence and educate other internal and external team members to comply with accounting and system requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate finance, finance/accounting, or other related area is required. Graduate degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Requires 7+ years of broad business experience with an emphasis on accounting, real estate finance or business finance.
- 6+ years of “Big 4” public accounting experience with large ($500M+ revenues) publicly-held, multi-national organizations.
- CPA with experience researching complicated accounting issues
- Strong technical expertise in accounting for real estate (including leases) in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience in researching technical accounting issues strongly preferred.
- Career progression should indicate positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
- Experience with enterprise-wide applications and accounting systems (such as Oracle and Hyperion) are a definite plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to interface effectively with clients, peers and senior management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstration of ability to work both independently as well as within a team structure
- Strong influencing skills through the use of facts and logical arguments
- Ability to deal with conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to work productively in environment requiring multi-tasking and working against deadlines
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyze the quality and completeness of results quickly and accurately.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies to resolve problems at their source
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Quality Document Specialist in Loganville GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Production Control Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Test Technician in Natick MA
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Technical Accounting Manager in Billerica MA
- Fabricator in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr iOS engineer in Boston MA
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Administrative Assistant in Milford MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Sr Director Engineering in Alhambra CA
- Lean Manager-Continuous Improvement Manager in Milford NH
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Final Inspectors in Central Manchester CT
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Punch Press Programmer in Duluth GA
- Inventory Clerk in Acton MA
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Buyer in Woburn MA
- Systems Development Co-op in Milford MA
- Design Assurance Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Receiving Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Project Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- EM Assembler III in Westboro MA
- Training Coordinator in Ashland MA
- Electromechanical Assembler in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Customer Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- SI Assembler II in Nashua NH
- Service Delivery Manager in Minneapolis MN
- Post SMT Assembler in Westford MA
- Mechanical Assembler - 2nd Shift in Ashland MA
- Mechanical -Manufacturing Engineer in Woburn MA
- Lead Packaging Technician in Sutton MA
- Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Account Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Regional Account Executive MA in Marlborough MA
- Senior Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Senior Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Order Picker in Brooklyn Park MN
- Senior Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Senior Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Senior Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Materials and Production Planner in Tucker GA
- Regional Account Executive MN in Minneapolis MN
- Regional Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Regional Account Executive NJ in Vineland NJ
- Regional Account Executive NH in Nashua NH
- Account Manager MN in Minneapolis MN
- Account Manager GA in Suwanee GA
- Account Manager NJ in Vineland NJ
- Account Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Instrument Assembler II in Eden Prairie MN
- Material Handler in Marlborough MA
- Program Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Program Manager Suwanee GA in Suwanee GA
- Program Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Panel Builder in Duluth GA
- Sales Administrative Assistant in Lawrenceville GA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Logistics Coordinator-Analyst in West Harrison NY
- Datron Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Machine Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Lawrenceville GA
- NC Programmer in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Sterling MA
- Electrical Assembler in Sterling MA
- Fabrication Technician in Sterling MA
- Shipping & Receiving Technician in Sterling MA
- Research Engineering Co-Op Spring 2019 in Milford MA