Senior Grants Accountant
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
The Grants Manager delivers project management, strategic thinking, and implementation support for key organizational initiatives. The position is responsible for the writing and tracking all grant initiatives for the organization.
Work with all departments and lead cross-functional teams to execute grant objectives, deliver results, and ensure organizational ownership. In doing so, assure that improvement activities are documented and reported within the organization and externally as appropriate. Demonstrates problem solving, leadership, conflict management, and team building skills to ensure a productive work environment and achievement of goals.
- Lead grants initiatives that require cross-functional engagement with key staff across the organization, and with external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Works with the executive management team and others to develop performance improvement targets for quality, service, and efficiency of the organization. Provides leadership for implementing changes targeted at systems improvement. Measures and evaluates attainment of results.
- Works in conjunction with this organizations senior management and Board of Directors to pursue and achieve tactical or strategic objectives pertaining to the long strategic vision assisting in the execution of work necessary to meet short-term objectives as well.
- Proactively identify and engage individual experts, as well as informational resources, that can help frame and advance organization grant initiatives.
- Manage objectives and reporting for multi-year grants.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research;
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines, and manage supplemental materials required for proposals;
- Managing and completing all required grant reports by coordinating with management staff;
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.