Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Start Up seeking a motivated Senior Accountant
You know money. You have hung out with money and money trusts you. And we need someone we can trust with money. Here’s our proposal: we will make unique, interesting stuff that people want. You will handle the money and tell us what money is saying to you and we listen to you and everyone will make more money and we will get to make more unique things because of you. That’s the equation.
The Senior Accountant will be a key member of this start-up company in Boston. As a member of the Accounting team, the Senior Accountant will be a critical business partner to the Finance teams. This opportunity will provide interaction with all facets of the accounting team as well as support revenue and receivable accounting. This opportunity has the ability to grow within the organization.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance to align on key priorities and communications to business partners
- Understand and explain the impact and results of accounting activities to Finance and business partners
- Assist in month-end close activities, including the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations, particularly in the area of revenue recognition and receivable reserves.
- Manage, coordinate and prepare certain month-end and quarter-end deliverables to the reporting teams and business partners
- Contribute subject matter expertise to cross functional teams on special projects including new platform.
- Learn and develop a proficiency in the use of the company’s ERP system and other reporting and analytical tools.
- Assist with inventory management, including FIFO reconciliations, and cut-off procedures
- Develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and layers of the business while demonstrating mastery of US GAAP and company’s accounting policies.
- Analyze and assist in the implementation of new accounting policies in the revenue and receivable space.
- Perform Ad hoc analysis for business partners, accounting and finance teams.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Experience with SAP preferred but not required.
- Industry experience with a startup preferred
- Self-motivated, detailed and deadline-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with varying priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to strategically think and solve problems.
- Ability to remain organized in a fast-paced environment at a growing company.