Lead Senior Accountant
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Well Known Technology Organization Looking for a Senior Accountant to Take the Lead!
The Senior Accountant will play a key role in the cost accounting, fixed assets, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, internal control processes and management reporting for this Technology Organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Key member of the Accounting team contributing to a timely and accurate month end close process. Prepares journal entries and other analytical data in support of month end close.
- Leads review of capital expenditure tracking to plan and forecast. Reports accurate results in a timely manner to VP of Finance and Controller.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly forecasts for capital expenditures. Interacts with project managers and purchasing in developing the forecast. Obtains data from Cost Point for open commitments and analyzes timing and impacts on the forecast. Determines projected carryover balances and timing of capitalization. Reports on items capitalized and status of asset tagging on a monthly basis to the Controller and VP Finance.
- Reviews monthly balances and determines timing for capitalization. Ensures correct organizations are set up for depreciation expense. Properly tags assets within 2 weeks of capitalization date.
- Leads review of unbilled balances and work with the business unit and the Contracts department to resolve issues. Prepares unbilled reports by project, analyzing balances due to open and closed projects, contract type and identifying unbilled balances for contracts not yet final billed. Determines adjustments need to clear unbilled balances, such as revenue adjustments or billing or other contractual adjustments.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly backlog report. Responsible for ensuring backlog is cleared monthly for closed projects as appropriate. Sorts backlog by open or closed projects and project types and reports results to the Controller and VP of Finance monthly. Analyzes backlog remaining for cost type project not yet final billed.
- Develops a tool to calculate weekly cash flow forecasts, including projection for cash collections, accounts payable disbursements and intercompany transactions.
- General Ledger Account Assignments: Responsible to ensuring assigned GL accounts are properly reconciled by this Technology Organization (Fixed Assets and Payables Accrual) Monitors activity in assigned GL accounts weekly and monthly.
- Prepares journal entries for the assigned accounts as appropriate.
- Supports the revenue recognition process in training as backup to preparation of revenue memos. Supports the upcoming transition to new revenue standards.
- Proactively reports to controller any inconsistencies, such as voids and out of balance positions
- Leads activities in the preparation of annual surveys from corporate offices as assigned.
- Provides accurate and properly analyzed schedules in support of quarterly and annual audit and tax packs as assigned.
- Provides variance explanations on month end results
- Assist Controller in other ad-hoc assignments as needed.
- Assists, as required, in special projects to improve overall efficiency, eliminating process waste and improving company profitability
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Understanding of compliance with revenue recognition methodology per GAAP and corporate guidelines
- Strong ability to develop a communication network to accomplish complex assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses initiative and organization skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-starter who finds solutions to problems
- Ability to produce quality results in tight timeframes
- Capability to manage multiple projects with high priorities while still meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate in group meetings
- Advanced computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Skills using advanced formulas and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or related field with at least ten (10) years of accounting experience with increasing responsibility over time
- Experience with Government Accounting a plus
If you are interested in this position apply NOW!