Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client located in Cambridge, Ma is looking for a Grants Coordinator for join their team on a Direct Hire Basis. This positions offers Full Benefits and a Pension.
- Overseeing and managing approximately $4M in research funds per year; serving as a primary information and operations resource for the PI and lab in post-award grants administration
- Provide complex, diverse fiscal management and administration services
- Providing financial, budgeting, and forecasting support
- Preparing monthly financial reports to federal sponsors
- Preparing and analyzing internal computerized reports
- Assisting with preparation of pre-award documents and assisting with other aspects of laboratory administration and financial management.
- Can expect to interact with the BE’s financial team, communicate across many levels of the Institute, and act as a liaison and resource for the PI’s laboratory personnel.
- B.A. or B.S.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in finance/accounting or related area in a complex research/administrative environment
- Grants administration/management experience in an academic research environment, particularly research proposal processing and post-award administration
- Ability to structure and manage complex budgets
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills; meticulous attention to detail; initiative
- Ability to implement and/or improve established financial processes and collaborate with faculty, contractors, departmental and research staff, and students
- Receptivity to learning new business methods and computational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Discretion with confidential information
- Proficiency with MS Office. Familiarity with Atlas, SAPgui, Concur, Kuali Coeus is highly desirable.
- Experience as an EHS safety representative a plus.