Under the supervision of the Revenue Cycle Director, the Billing Manager will supervise billing staff and organize daily activities for the billing department, encompassing medical coding, charge entry, claim submission, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up, and reimbursement. General supervision from Revenue Cycle Director while working independently.
- Oversee billing office personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution.
- Assess productivity and effectiveness of the department on a daily basis, developing and implementing policies and procedures, assigning responsibilities, creating the department's work flow chart, distributing projects, and monitoring efficiency.
- Hold individual meetings and monthly department meetings.
- Perform monthly audits to reconcile payments posted by each billing staff. Perform annual performance evaluations, setting goals, and monitoring progress.
- Monitor and report account volumes, productivity, turnaround times, quality measures and other related metrics.
- Maintain and update clinic's billing policies and procedures manual and distributing billing updates to the team.
- Train staff on new billing policies and procedures and reinforcing existing policies. Oversee billing department, including but not limited to claim submission, payer reconciliation, unbilled claims and payer denials. Daily resolution of electronic billing errors.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and maintaining confidentiality of patients, providers, and employees' records Develop and implement strategies to achieve revenue improvements.
- Participate in ongoing clinical projects related to billing.
- Participate in audits, including preparation and review of requested audit schedules, reports and documentation.
- Demonstrate a leadership style that promotes enthusiasm and dedication to the facility and it's administration.
- Other duties as assigned within this Healthcare Organization.