Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Large Well Funded Pharmaceutical Company Looking for AP Specialist
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is responsible for moderate complexity level tasks that includes efficiently posting expense invoices, having them approved, and processing payments to vendors, in an accurate and timely manner.
The AP Specialist operates with the distinct goal of ‘working as a team’ supporting a shared effort towards meeting all duties and goals. The highest level goals are Accuracy and Timeliness, Excellent Customer Service, and to Support All Team Members To Success.
The AP Specialist an integral team member responsible for adhering to strong internal controls and processes that enable the company to meet all operational, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
- Organize, process and maintain vendor invoices and accounts payable files.
- Communicate with external vendors to resolve discrepancies and coordinate payment as necessary.
- Reconcile vendor statements and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Coordinate with internal departments to obtain approvals as necessary to process invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy and detailed review of all GL coding to maintain accurate expensing to programs.
- Maintain AP aging schedule and clear outstanding aging balances.
- Directly support AR with billing requirement needs as specified.
- Directly support month-end completion of entering in all expense invoices for AR billing and financial statement needs, including tracking of vendor bills for completeness and review of general ledger for proper coding.
- Record journal entries and/or re-classes of expenses as needed.
- Prepare queries, special reports and assist in special projects as needed.
- Participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedures, and systems to facilitate growth, compliance and scaling of the business
- Support internal and external audits
- Ensure timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms and agreed payment batch schedule.
- Handle vendor inquiries on invoice payment status.
- Prepare weekly check runs and mailing of checks in a timely manner.
- Scanning and attaching of invoices to cloud-based electronic document management software and Financial Edge accounting software.
- Provide excellent level of service to internal and external customers to ensure high level of satisfaction.
- Responsible for clarifying and ensuring accuracy of posted invoices and vendor payments.
And, other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field, and/or, relevant job experience and on the job training.
- Must have hands on experience in GL coding, posting invoices, data entry, and use of accounting software.
- Basic level proficiency with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 1 year to 2 years’ experience in an organization processing a high volume of invoices and payments.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
- Strong technical (US GAAP) accounting background, extensive SOX experienced
- Commercial biotech or pharma experience strongly preferre
- SAP ERP experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong math and analytical skills; excellent problem-solving, decision-making, critical-thinking skills.
- Must be proactive; able to identify problems and initiative corrective actions.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Able to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining data integrity and accuracy
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative
- Strong written skills necessary to correspond by email and document/update customer notes regarding important updates on accounts and issues.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Outstanding ability to follow through with tasks.
- Tooling Engineer in Newnan GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Burnsville MN
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Maintenance Tech in Lawrenceville GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Welder in Allston MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Bedford MA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Quality Engineer in Duluth GA
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- Structural Engineer in Ball Ground GA
- Assembler in Milford MA
- Sr. Buyer - Planner in Chelmsford MA
- Supply Chain Manager in Chelmsford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Tucker GA
- Senior Document Control Specialist in Cambridge MA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Lead Mechanical Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Sr Test Engineer in Bedford MA
- Controller in Merrimack NH
- Sr. Design Engineer in Chaska MN
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Lead in Olive Branch MS
- Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift in Ashland MA
- Buyer in Hudson MA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering in Burnsville MN
- Manufacturing Engineer-Contract in Charlton MA
- Technical Recruiter-Program Manager - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Quality Management Systems Coordinator in Hudson NH
- Software Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Chief Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Engineering Tech in Merrimack NH
- Warehouse - Forklift Driver in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Electronics Assembler - Soldering in New Hope MN
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Westborough MA
- Machine Learning Co-op in Milford MA
- Electronics Process Development Engineer in Framingham MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Manufacturing Engineer-Product Development in Charlton MA
- Maintenance Technician in Pendergrass GA
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Burlington MA
- Director of Hardware Engineering in Burlington MA
- Welder in Gainesville GA
- Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Assembly Technician in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse - Picker 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Assembler (1st & 2nd shift) in Ashland MA
- Account Manager in Memphis TN
- Superintendent (NH) in Bow NH
- Lab Technician in Watertown MA
- Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- Administrative Assistant in Ayer MA
- Senior Software Engineer in North Billerica MA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Norwood MA
- Account Payable Specialist in Auburn MA
- BIM Designer in Norcross GA
- Piping Designer in Avondale Estates GA
- CNC Machinist in Vineland NJ
- Material Handler in Vineland NJ
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Sr. Product Development Engineer in Newnan GA
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- RF Test Technician in Vineland NJ
- Electronic Rework Operator in Vineland NJ
- Electromechanical Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Credit Analyst in Norwell MA
- Robotics Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Electrical Engineer in White Bear Lake MN
- Quality Engineer in Framingham MA
- Talent Acquisition Program Manager in Milford MA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Marketing Coordinator in Boxboro MA
- Sr. Production Technician in Merrimack NH
- Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Sourcing Manager in Cambridge MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pawtucket RI
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Software Engineering Manager in Danvers MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- RMA Tech in Nashua NH
- Final Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Senior Accountant in Cambridge MA
- Electro-Mechanical Tech in Beverly MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Industrial Designer in Round Rock TX
- Account Manager in Marlborough MA
- Inventory Control in Alpharetta GA
- Machine Operator in Alpharetta GA
- SMT Operator in Burnsville MN