Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Large Well Funded Pharmaceutical Company Looking for AP Specialist
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is responsible for moderate complexity level tasks that includes efficiently posting expense invoices, having them approved, and processing payments to vendors, in an accurate and timely manner.
The AP Specialist operates with the distinct goal of ‘working as a team’ supporting a shared effort towards meeting all duties and goals. The highest level goals are Accuracy and Timeliness, Excellent Customer Service, and to Support All Team Members To Success.
The AP Specialist an integral team member responsible for adhering to strong internal controls and processes that enable the company to meet all operational, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
- Organize, process and maintain vendor invoices and accounts payable files.
- Communicate with external vendors to resolve discrepancies and coordinate payment as necessary.
- Reconcile vendor statements and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Coordinate with internal departments to obtain approvals as necessary to process invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy and detailed review of all GL coding to maintain accurate expensing to programs.
- Maintain AP aging schedule and clear outstanding aging balances.
- Directly support AR with billing requirement needs as specified.
- Directly support month-end completion of entering in all expense invoices for AR billing and financial statement needs, including tracking of vendor bills for completeness and review of general ledger for proper coding.
- Record journal entries and/or re-classes of expenses as needed.
- Prepare queries, special reports and assist in special projects as needed.
- Participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedures, and systems to facilitate growth, compliance and scaling of the business
- Support internal and external audits
- Ensure timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms and agreed payment batch schedule.
- Handle vendor inquiries on invoice payment status.
- Prepare weekly check runs and mailing of checks in a timely manner.
- Scanning and attaching of invoices to cloud-based electronic document management software and Financial Edge accounting software.
- Provide excellent level of service to internal and external customers to ensure high level of satisfaction.
- Responsible for clarifying and ensuring accuracy of posted invoices and vendor payments.
And, other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field, and/or, relevant job experience and on the job training.
- Must have hands on experience in GL coding, posting invoices, data entry, and use of accounting software.
- Basic level proficiency with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 1 year to 2 years’ experience in an organization processing a high volume of invoices and payments.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
- Strong technical (US GAAP) accounting background, extensive SOX experienced
- Commercial biotech or pharma experience strongly preferre
- SAP ERP experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong math and analytical skills; excellent problem-solving, decision-making, critical-thinking skills.
- Must be proactive; able to identify problems and initiative corrective actions.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Able to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining data integrity and accuracy
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative
- Strong written skills necessary to correspond by email and document/update customer notes regarding important updates on accounts and issues.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Outstanding ability to follow through with tasks.
- Quality Control Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Warehouse Lead 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Entry-Level Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Desktop Support in Suwanee GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Inventory and Material Control Associate in Duluth GA
- Wire Processing Machine Operator in Brooklyn Park MN
- Technician in Cambridge MA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Quality Tech in Norcross GA
- Quality Inspector in Manchester NH
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- MFG - process Engineer Automation Test Tech QA Engineer Material Planner in Manchester NH
- FPGA Designer - Firmware Development Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector in Merrimack NH
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Quality Engineer in Laconia NH
- AP- AR Specialist in Boylston MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- Talent Acquisition Manager in Marlborough MA
- Lean-FEM Coordinator in Doraville GA
- Instrument Assembler II in Eden Prairie MN
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- CAD Drafter in Ball Ground GA
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Assembly Test Tech in Marlborough MA
- RMA Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Product Design Engineer in Milford NH
- Process Engineer- Metallurgist in Milford NH
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Chaska MN
- Warehouse - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Modular Assembly - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Fabrication - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Manufacturing Tech (Entry Level- Skilled) in Ayer MA
- Office Manager in Huntsville AL
- Soldering in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Norcross GA
- Digital Product Manager in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Representative in Leominister MA
- Electrical Engineer in Lowell MA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Woodbury MN
- QC Inspector in Manchester NH
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lithonia GA
- Lead Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Office Manager in Lexington MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Hoschton GA
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Microdeburer in Milford MA
- Machine Operator in Hoschton GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Lowell MA
- Maintenance Technician in Hoschton GA
- Accounting-Administrative Support in Duluth GA
- Buyer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Assembler in Golden Valley MN
- Technical Recruiter in Suwanee GA
- Quality Coordinator in Mansfield MA
- Tooling Engineer in Newnan GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Burnsville MN
- E&I - Maintenance Technician in Lithonia GA
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Maintenance Tech in Lawrenceville GA
- Process Operator in Franklin MA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Manufacturing Technician in Burlington MA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Quality Engineer in Duluth GA
- Structural Engineer in Ball Ground GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Tucker GA
- Senior Document Control Specialist in Cambridge MA
- Lead Mechanical Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Industrial Seamstress in Suwanee GA
- Sr Test Engineer in Bedford MA
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Lead in Olive Branch MS
- Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift in Ashland MA
- Manufacturing Engineer-Contract in Charlton MA
- Technical Recruiter-Program Manager - MN in Minneapolis MN