Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Large Well Funded Pharmaceutical Company Looking for AP Specialist
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is responsible for moderate complexity level tasks that includes efficiently posting expense invoices, having them approved, and processing payments to vendors, in an accurate and timely manner.
The AP Specialist operates with the distinct goal of ‘working as a team’ supporting a shared effort towards meeting all duties and goals. The highest level goals are Accuracy and Timeliness, Excellent Customer Service, and to Support All Team Members To Success.
The AP Specialist an integral team member responsible for adhering to strong internal controls and processes that enable the company to meet all operational, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
- Organize, process and maintain vendor invoices and accounts payable files.
- Communicate with external vendors to resolve discrepancies and coordinate payment as necessary.
- Reconcile vendor statements and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Coordinate with internal departments to obtain approvals as necessary to process invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy and detailed review of all GL coding to maintain accurate expensing to programs.
- Maintain AP aging schedule and clear outstanding aging balances.
- Directly support AR with billing requirement needs as specified.
- Directly support month-end completion of entering in all expense invoices for AR billing and financial statement needs, including tracking of vendor bills for completeness and review of general ledger for proper coding.
- Record journal entries and/or re-classes of expenses as needed.
- Prepare queries, special reports and assist in special projects as needed.
- Participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedures, and systems to facilitate growth, compliance and scaling of the business
- Support internal and external audits
- Ensure timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms and agreed payment batch schedule.
- Handle vendor inquiries on invoice payment status.
- Prepare weekly check runs and mailing of checks in a timely manner.
- Scanning and attaching of invoices to cloud-based electronic document management software and Financial Edge accounting software.
- Provide excellent level of service to internal and external customers to ensure high level of satisfaction.
- Responsible for clarifying and ensuring accuracy of posted invoices and vendor payments.
And, other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field, and/or, relevant job experience and on the job training.
- Must have hands on experience in GL coding, posting invoices, data entry, and use of accounting software.
- Basic level proficiency with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 1 year to 2 years’ experience in an organization processing a high volume of invoices and payments.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
- Strong technical (US GAAP) accounting background, extensive SOX experienced
- Commercial biotech or pharma experience strongly preferre
- SAP ERP experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong math and analytical skills; excellent problem-solving, decision-making, critical-thinking skills.
- Must be proactive; able to identify problems and initiative corrective actions.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Able to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining data integrity and accuracy
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative
- Strong written skills necessary to correspond by email and document/update customer notes regarding important updates on accounts and issues.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Outstanding ability to follow through with tasks.
- 1st Shift Electrical Manufacturing Technician in Brooklyn Park MN
- 1st Shift Order Picker in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift - Control Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- Accountant in Bartlett TN
- Accounting Analyst in King of Prussia PA
- Shipping Receiving Coordinator in New Hope MN
- Material Handler II in Westboro MA
- Revenue Analyst in Lowell MA
- Customer Quality Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr Quality System Engineer in Eden Prairie MN
- Assembly Technician in Hollis NH
- Quality Engineer in Peterborough NH
- Internal Audit Analyst in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Sr. Hardware Engineer (2) in Alhambra CA
- FPGA Design Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Warehouse Associate in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Designer in Marietta GA
- Customer Service Associate in Westford MA
- Civil Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- TIG Welder in Norcross GA
- Quality Specialist in Norcross GA
- Human Resources Generalist in Marlborough MA
- HR Generalist in Swedesboro NJ
- Assembly Tech in Alpharetta GA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Manual Machinist - Jig in Central Manchester CT
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Part Time Receptionist in Lowell MA
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Optical Engineer in MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- Medical Lab Tech in Norwood MA
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Principal Diagnostics Engineer in MA
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Program Manager II in MA
- Warehouse Associate in Norwood MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Industrial Controls Technician III in Olive Branch MS
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA