The Accounts Payable Manager is a hands-on role, responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the accounts payable department, ensuring proper record keeping, developing best practices and procedures, ensuring accurate and timely month-end close accounts payable tasks and reports. This position supervises the accounts payable staff. The Accounts Payable Manager will have contact with senior level executives and will work cohesively with the General Ledger team.
The ideal candidate will have an accounting background with a strong understanding of GAAP, where it relates to accounts payable. This person will also have a great, outgoing personality, outstanding organization skills, and initiative. The candidate should be able to work independently, but also function in a team environment. This position requires you to be technical in nature, handle a variety of tasks and efficiently address the needs of the accounting department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Including but not limited to:
Full Cycle A/P responsibilities, including:
- Supervises the Accounts Payable team (5-7 people), providing developmental leadership to the A/P staff on a daily basis to enhance the group’s performance and outcomes.
- Ensures accuracy of Accounts Payable vouchers for coding to correct branch, department and account
- Owns the 1099 process
- Works with the General Ledger team as necessary
- Manages vendor discrepancies for timely resolution and payment
- Ensures that the weekly check runs run smoothly
- Responds to all vendor inquiries
- Makes sure that vendor deposit amounts are calculated correctly prior to payment
- Adheres to internal control policies throughout the department and Company
- Process improvements to the AP process and system
- Performs ad hoc special projects/requests as needed
- Audits expense reports for accuracy, approvals and supporting documentation
- Ensures that proper documentation and support is provided for all accounts payable, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Ensures all vendors are paid per contractual terms and that inquiries and payment issues are responded to in a timely manner.
- Provides problem and invoice resolution assistance to vendors and internal business partners.
- Assists with the maintenance and testing of internal controls, accounting policies and audit requests as it relates to the accounts payable function.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and process improvement skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with vendors
- Work ethic that exudes integrity, accountability, and professionalism
- High attention to detail
- High volume accounts payable experience, including P.O. invoices
- Ability to multi-task, as well as prioritize and adhere to tight deadline
- Understanding of accounting accruals, debits and credits
- 4-6 years of full cycle A/P, including a high-volume environment, with 2+ years related management experience
- College degree and/or technical certification in Accounting
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel and Word) and Great Plains Expereince preferred