Laboratory Assistant 1
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Laboratory Assistant 1
Title:Laboratory Assistant 1
- Performs pre-analytical tasks associated with laboratory testing under direct supervision.
- Receives specimens delivered by FedEx and other courier services. Opens packages, removes contents and places in appropriate sort bin by time of collection.
- Opens patient sample bags and reviews requisition and sample tubes for patient name, second ID match, and other relevant information
- Assigns accession number and labels requisition and tube(s).
- Enters sample collection information and patient demographic information into the Orchard Harvest LIS.
- Releases stored orders in Lab Information System (LIS) to enable the accession numbers to flow through the laboratory’s pre testing and testing functions
- Prepares and labels reagents when first opened.
- Performs daily equipment QC/daily equipment monitoring.
- Performs inventory and restocks laboratory supplies.
- Scans laboratory requisitions into the Orchard Harvest LIS.
- Handles special projects and tasks assigned by the Supervisor
- Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
- Other duties as assigned by the Processing Supervisor
- Laboratory Assistants must meet one of the following education/experience requirements: Requires a BS degree in a biological, chemical, or physical science, or an AS degree in a biological, chemical, or physical science that meets specific science requirements: 6 semester hours of chemistry and 6 semester hours of biology, and one full year of full-time clinical laboratory work experience.
- Must be detail oriented, with ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Work requires compliance with strict safety protocols regarding work with reagents, laboratory equipment, and biological specimens.
- Work requires the analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources and solve problems.
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work requires familiarity with computers; specifically use of Microsoft™ Windows and Microsoft Office software.
Regular Hours/Shift: Tuesday-Saturday; 5:30am - 2:30pm, with occasional overtime.
We receive samples on Sundays and Mondays from our HELP customers. We have couriers pick up these samples and have them expedited here and basically promise them that no matter when they draw, we can accept their samples. That being the case, all LA 1’s must work a weekend shift. They are on the schedule for a weekend shift with another LA I. So, with 20+ lab assistants, each LA would only work a weekend once every 2-3 months. When they work the weekend, they will have 2 days off the following week. This rotation is mandatory, at least until the Norwood lab begins taking these HELP customers on Sundays and Mondays.
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- Inventory Control Associate in Woburn MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Tool Room-Maintenance Supervisor in Atlanta GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Buyer in Peabody MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Customer Service Admin in Duluth GA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Material Planner in Bartlett TN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Specialist in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA
- Marketing Communication Associate in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in North Charleston SC
- CAD Designer in Arlington TN
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift) in Ashland MA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Altium Designer in Lawrenceville GA
- Endoscope Technician in Bartlett TN
- SMT Production lead in Milford NH
- Sr Project Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Industrial Engineer in Newnan GA
- NDT Inspector III in Central Manchester CT
- Fiber Optic -Cable Assembly 1st Shift in Portsmouth NH
- Fiber Optic - Cable Assembly 2nd shift in Portsmouth NH
- DEBURR OPERATOR in Central Manchester CT
- 5 Operating Molders in Hopkinton MA
- Engineering Techs in Merrimack NH
- Belt Fabricator in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Representative in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator in Cumming GA
- Equipment Operator (Reach Lift) in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Engineer in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant: in Los Alamitos CA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Beverly MA
- Quality Assurance Manager in Beverly MA
- Mechanical Inspector in Peabody MA
- Terminal Clerk in Oxford MA