Laboratory Processing Clerk
Position Summary: Receive specimens, open boxes containing specimens, verify information between paperwork and tube match, and add matching barcodes to sample and paperwork in a fast-paced medical diagnostic laboratory. The work schedule is Tues - Sat 5 AM - 1:30 PM.
- Use a variety of scientific techniques in the laboratory, adhering to Good Laboratory Practices and following SOP’s
- Will be required to handle human body fluid samples, blood-borne pathogens and general laboratory reagents
- Follows all company safety policies and other safety precautions within work area
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
- High school diploma or higher required
- Previous laboratory experience preferred
- Flexible, adaptable, and multi-task oriented
- Great attention to detail required
- Demonstrated team player
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and coworkers. Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area.