Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client located in White Plains, NY is looking for an Logistics Administrator to join their team on a Contract basis.
- Ensure that the regional office is serviced and releases are scheduled in the most accurate, timely, efficient and effective manner. Advise the office of FULL BOOKING DETAILS including vessel departure, arrival, port of departure & arrival, etc.. All inquires must have 24 hour reply.
- Procure the most efficient and reasonable freight rates for the company.
- Ensure estimated freight costs are properly accounted for at the time of booking the shipment.
- Provide timely feedback (within 24 hours) to the regional office regarding booking releases, advising changes/delays in shipments and shipment progress from receipt of release to dispatch of original BL and related documentation, and answering related questions and queries. All correspondence must be handled in a professional manner.
- Create an order file to include the customer sales order, mill authorizations for release of product and all other correspondence (incoming and outgoing) relating to that order in full detail.
- Monitor production and shipping schedules in liaison with the relevant mill as it relates to the timing of the manufacture of the product and the corresponding shipping date. Ensure that this is monitored at all times and follows the requirements of the release.
- Advise all shipping variations to the regional office immediately upon knowledge thereof/receipt.
- Ensure draft B/L’s are to be supplied to the regional office/shipper within 48 hours of receipt of packing lists. Where required, ensure SED’s are filed immediately thereafter.
- Follow up with the shipping lines for confirmation of shipping details (immediately after vessel(s) have sailed), and for the release of B/L, packing lists and freight bills.
- Ensure, upon shipping confirmation, that all bookings which have shipped are closed with 24 hours of shipment.
- Monitor cost/service of freight vendors and provide feedback to management.
- Prioritize daily activities according to importance and adjust where needed during month and year-end closings.
- Perform, whenever necessary, administration of ad-hoc inquiries/tasks/projects from VP Finance and/or President.
- Ensure that attention to detail is maintained with everything that is done on a daily basis and that this attention to detail is not sacrificed during busy times.
- Provide timely feedback to management if any matters arise that need to be addressed.
- Develop more efficient and effective methods of operating within the assigned area of responsibility to streamline the work in an efficient and effective manner.
- Contribute job skills, knowledge, abilities, changes in procedures/rates/contracts and other useful information to others in the office on a regular basis as they occur.
- Import and export trade practice, documentation, banking etc.
- Pulp and Paper knowledge
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Shipping & Receiving in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Branford CT
- Purchasing Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Mechanic in Eagan MN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Electrical Controls Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Material Handler in Waltham MA
- Stockroom Attendant 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- System Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Inventory Clerk in Los Alamitos CA
- CNC Machinist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Sr Mechanical Engineer in Boston MA
- Customer Support Rep in Los Alamitos CA
- Applications Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Project Manager in Fairburn GA
- NDE Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician-Quality Control in Buford GA
- Press Brake Operator-Night Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Sr Buyers - Medical in Merrimack NH
- Client Services Assistant in Oklahoma City OK
- Administrative Assistant in Norwood MA
- Specimen Technician I in Chantilly VA
- Quality Inspector in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- CNC MACHINE OPERATOR – 2nd shift in Central Manchester CT
- Controls Engineer in Covington GA
- Inside Sales Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering Technician in Burnsville MN
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-22-19 in Westborough MA
- Light Duty - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Multi-Purpose Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Process Engineer in Fall River MA
- Solderer Level 3 in Nashua NH
- Training Coordinator in Milford MA
- Lead Process and Quality Engineer in Leominster MA
- Process Engineer in Leominster MA
- Systems Tech in Beverly MA
- Specimen Technician I in Norwood MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Golden CO
- Field Service Technician in North Charleston SC
- Press Brake Operator in Suwanee GA
- CNC Maintenance Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-15-19 in Westborough MA
- Brake Press Operator in Duluth GA
- Assembly Tech II 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- 1st Shift Shipper in Newton MA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Office Support Assistant in Norwood MA
- Lab Assistant I in Memphis TN
- Packaging Assembly in Marlborough MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- CNC Machinist in Boylston MA
- HR Generalist in Franklin MA
- Machine Operator in Suwanee GA
- Production Coordinator in Lynn MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Sharpsburg PA
- E&I Technician 1st & 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- CNC Machinist (Weekend Days) in Milford MA
- QC Inspector in Needham Heights MA
- Lab Associate in Norwood MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Quality Engineer in Branford CT
- Value Add Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Pressure Vessel Pre-Fabrication in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Bloomington MN
- Reach-Lift Operator in Jefferson GA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Newnan GA
- Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Development Engineering Tech I in Westborough MA
- Export Coordinator in Newton MA
- NDE Specialist in North Canton OH
- Customer Service in Northborough MA
- Shipper-Receiver in Northborough MA
- Customer Order Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician in Acton MA
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Everett WA
- Test Engineer in Manchester NH
- Second Shift Maintenance Mechanic in Haverhill MA
- Manufacturing Process Specialist - Grinding in North Canton OH
- Field Machine Technician in Suwanee GA
- Electro-Mechanic Technician in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator (All Shifts) in Ashland MA
- Process Engineer in Olive Branch MS
- Underwriter in Marlborough MA
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Shipper in Waltham MA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN