Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Searching for a Buyer in Thousand Oaks, CA on a long term contract basis.
This position is accountable for determining and utilizing proper sources of supply for the most economical purchases consistent with quality and customer service standards. Arranges for and evaluates competitive quotations, resourcefulness of suppliers in meeting requirements. Places orders to best advantage, with responsibility for price, quality, delivery, service and maintenance of all necessary records. Evaluates and maintains system so as to control inventory levels. Monitors receipt quantities, issues proper paperwork, sorts, and assures correct delivery. The Buyer function is responsible for meeting customer’s on-time delivery requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Procures materials and services with proper consideration for just-in-time delivery, proper quantity, and at a competitive cost.
2. Coordinates with cross functional discipline actions necessary to execute production plans
3. Communicates delivery issues directly with internal/external customers
4. Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems.
5. Develops and maintains qualified sources of supply through constant record appraisal and negotiation with potential suppliers. Works with suppliers and engineers to determine their ability to supply product or service, using knowledge of a supplier’s personnel, organization, stability, critical materials, and historical performance.
6. Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
7. Works with personnel in other departments, helping them to obtain the items of procurement necessary for the discharge of their duties and responsibilities.
8. Purchases parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers. Maintains accurate lead times for assigned commodities.
9. Generate, tracks and closes orders, ensuring appropriate purchase requisition authorization attained and specification/requirements clearly outlined. Reviews and authorizes for payment all deliveries of product or service which have corresponding purchase orders.
10. Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; close coordination with plant engineering to assure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
11. Resolves payment discrepancies, negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.
12. Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery. Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates inspections, substitutions, and standardization by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
13. Reduces total inventory (in house and supplier) by monitoring material acquisition and using supply line strategies, risk minimization, and current and forecasted market conditions and forecasted usages.
14. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency and customer service and to reduce costs.
15. Prepares moderately complex reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Provides parts, equipment, and materials information by answering questions and requests.
16. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Mentors new employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
17. Other duties as required.
1. 3+ years buying experience and 4-year degree or equivalent.
2. CPIM a plus.
3. Excellent analytical skills.
4. Self-directed, entrepreneurial, customer focused individual with the ability to work effectively as a team.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Maintain a positive attitude in a very fast-paced environment.
7. Demonstrated ability to assist with process improvement.
8. Identify cost-savings opportunities.
9. Solid working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
10. Knowledge and prior use of MRP systems.
11. Leadership skills and demonstrated initiative.
12. Willing and able to sever as a mentor to others.
Personal Attributes for Success:
1. Plans and arranges own work; may receive direction on new work
2. Team Leader
3. Works calmly under stress
4. Detail oriented and focused
5. Problem solver
- Senior Development Scientist in Loveland CO
- R&D Research Associate in San Jose CA
- 10363238 Medical Writer in Chaska MN
- Machine Equipment Operator 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Electronic Assembly Support in Alpharetta GA
- 10371474 Development Scientist in Carlsbad CA
- Bench Repair Technician in Kennesaw GA
- Stockroom- 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician III in Duluth GA
- MFG Test Engineer in Littleton MA
- Print Press Operator in Olive Branch MS
- Assembly Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- 2nd Shift EM Tech in Danvers MA
- Cycle Count Associate in Jefferson GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Quality Control Technician in Billerica MA
- Service Repair Technician 2nd shift in Chelmsford MA
- Fitter in Memphis TN
- Project Planner in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembly in Cartersville GA
- PTO Tech in Memphis TN
- Operator- Draftsman in Woburn MA
- Packaging Assembler in Newton MA
- Inspector in Lebanon NH
- Material handler with Cycle count Experience in Concord CA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Concord CA
- Computer Operator in Swedesboro NJ
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Chelmsford MA
- Picking - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Receptionist- HR Admin Assistant in New Hope MN
- ISO Tank Mechanic in Bridgeton NJ
- Maintenance Manager in Millville NJ
- 2nd shift Lead Mechanic in Millville NJ
- Warehouse Operator in Memphis TN
- Administrative Assistant in Swedesboro NJ
- Warehouse Manager in Swedesboro NJ
- 2nd shift Machine Operator in Vineland NJ
- Distribution Supervisor in Newnan GA
- Warehouse Shipper in Wilmington MA
- Warehouse Receiving in Wilmington MA
- QA Supervisor in Millville NJ
- Test Operator (2 2nd shift and 1 1st shift) in Austin TX
- IT Project Manager in Milford MA
- Medical Technologist in Chantilly VA
- Production Test Technician in Willmington MA
- MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- TIG-MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Project Manager in Wilmington NC
- SI Assembler in Austin TX
- Strategic Innovation Manager in Memphis TN
- Process Engineer in Clover SC
- Warehouse Lead in Memphis TN
- Customer Service in Memphis TN
- Facilities Tech in Westborough MA
- Electronics Assembler in New Hope MN
- System Level Debug Tech in Chelmsford MA
- Conformal Coating Technician in Suwanee GA
- Sr. Python Developer in Ruffsdale PA
- Rework & Soldering Technician in Coon Rapids MN
- CNC Process Engineer in Troy AL
- Client Services Rep I in Lee's Summit MO
- Forklift Operator in Memphis TN
- Distribution Associate I in Memphis TN
- Stockroom- 3rd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Machine Shop Supervisor in Suwanee GA
- Welder in Dawsonville GA
- HR Benefits Specialist in Andover MA
- Welder in Dawsonville GA
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Quality Engineer in Raleigh NC
- Em Assemblers 2nd shift in Merrimack NH
- Purchaser in
- General Labor Warehouse in Memphis TN
- Sales Engineer in Bedford NH
- IT Operations Engineer II in Milford MA
- 2nd shift CNC Lathe Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Senior Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Technical Service Technician 2 in Chelmsford MA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Continuous Improvement Engineer in Newnan GA
- Electronic Service Technician in Plymouth MN
- Plant Controller in Franklin MA
- Controller in Nashua NH
- Temp Optical Assembly Tech in Nashua NH
- CNC Machine Operator in Lawrence MA
- Calibration Technician in Andover MA
- Electrician in Franklin MA
- Lead Electrical Engineer in Anoka MN
- Entry-Level Assembler in Andover MA
- E-M Assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Maintenance Supervisor in Franklin MA
- Equipment Operator 1st Shift in Jefferson GA
- Industrial - Plant Electrical Mechanic in Millville NJ
- Director, Quality Assurance in Millville NJ
- Design Engineer in Spartanburg SC
- Quality Inspector in Minneapolis MN
- Safety Manager in Everett MA
- Sales Engineer in Norcross GA
- Customer Service-Sales in Memphis TN