QA Inspector :
The Product Assurance Coordinator is responsible for inspecting parts at all stages of processing (acceptance, clean, package, and label) and deciding whether or not the parts conform to visual and dimensional specifications and documenting these decisions and supporting data. The Specialist must work with minimal supervision and be capable of evaluating and judging level of conformance with defined requirements.
QA Inspector Responsibilities:
- Perform limited final dimensional inspections, working from engineering drawings, procedures and external standards, using typical inspection equipment such as micrometers, thread gauges, calipers, optical comparator, concentricity gauge, and height & depth gauges.
- Perform post manufacturing cleaning, package, and labeling processes Document all activities in a manner compliant with good documenting practices Enter data on production reports regarding shop orders worked on, quantity produced, hours worked, and movement of goods through inventory transactions using ERP systems.
- Inspect, set-up and, operate small machines such as heat sealers, label printers, ultra-sonic cleaner, and auto-bagger Generate Non-conformance Reports for submitted product found out of specification Utilize shop math techniques (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division), dexterity and mechanical aptitude to operate precision equipment Complete tasks accurately and on-time, paying close attention to detail This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and might not necessarily comprise all of the essential functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
QA Inspector Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- ASQ Certified Mechanical Inspector Certification, preferred 1 - 3 years previous experience performing mechanical inspection 3 - 5 years previous production experience with good manufacturing practices is required
- Basic understanding of good manufacturing practices.
- Basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Basic knowledge on use of calipers, micrometers, and optical comparators
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and read blueprints
- Ability to use a computer (Microsoft Office Suite). Previous ERP (SAP, JDE) experience a plus!