Searching for a Production Supervisor on 1st d shift on long-term possible temp-hire contract. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the coordination of the manufacturing activities for a wide variety of products and efficient allocation of labor and equipment to fulfill production requirements. Champion for quality, training, safety and sanitation standards for the work group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide training and leadership to direct reports through attitude, action, and superior communication.
- Organize and assign work tasks to personnel in order to meet production goals.
- Insure products meet designed quality specifications and achieve quality goals.
- Meet production schedule within assigned budget.
- Interface with Engineering as required to troubleshoot inaccuracies or other design challenges.
- Maintain clean, safe working environment.
- Provide constant feedback as well as written and oral performance reviews for all assigned personnel.
- Provide support to Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality through participation in process control activities, and special testing, as required.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Experience with supervising 12 or more employees
- 2 - 5 years recent experience working in a Production/Manufacturing Environment
- 1 - 3 years of Production Supervisory experience
- People management skills to include hiring, coaching, development, training and discipline.
- Reasoning Ability: Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to make good independent decisions.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems including manufacturing metrics and reporting
- Strong intermediate computer skills including MS Office/ADP payroll
- Self- directed and able to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Available for overtime or on call as needed
- Ability to work 10 to 12 hour shifts if needed
- Able to manage multiple tasks and easily adapt to changing situations
- Able to train on days 12PM to 8PM for 2 to 3 weeks
- Position is hands-on supervisors are in the production area “on-their feet” about 80% of the shift.
- Process improvement experience with one of the following: lean manufacturing (Kaizen, 6S) or Six Sigma
- Solid attendance record
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus, but not required
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.