Our client in Methuen, MA is hiring Material Handler on 1st shift.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities ·
- Schedule packaging activities based on daily shipment priorities. ·
- Package and label all outgoing products, product boxes and shipments. ·
- Create and maintain packaging procedures. ·
- Identify non-conforming materials or product. ·
- Work with inventory control and shipping to insure prompt completion of packaging and shipping process. ·
- Update routing steps in Oracle for material tracking. ·
- Provide Support to shipping/receiving and stockroom ·
- Correctly package all products according to packaging requirements. ·
- Correctly label several product lines based on defined labeling requirements. ·
- Prevent risks associated with shipping damage by properly following all defined procedures. ·
- Prevent waste of materials. ·
- Prevent material shortages or over stocking by close communication with inventory personnel. ·
- Program temperature tracking devices. ·
- Read and log results of incoming temperature logging devices. ·
- Maintain individual work area/equipment in a neat, orderly manner.
- This responsibility includes proper disposal of packaging waste, proper storage and use of equipment and parts, and management of documentation needed to perform duties identified within this job description. ·
- Work with Manufacturing support groups to improve existing packaging operations methods and assist in the development of new methods. ·
- Work well within a team environment. ·
- Comply with all work safety rules and regulations. ·
- Perform assembly of medical devices and decontamination of incoming medical devices requiring repair.