Manufacturing Technician builds and tests automation subsystems, final assemblies, precision fixtures, and tooling . Will work with other technicians as well as mechanical, electrical, and software engineers on a variety of electro-mechanical, optical and robotic projects. Will provide the opportunity to work with customer teams at top-tier technology companies around the world.. Ideal candidates must be self-motivated, and able to work both independently and as part of a cross functional team. Some travel may be required to support the development, installation, and validation of equipment.
- The building, integration and testing of precision fixtures and complex electro -mechanical subsystems, tooling and final assemblies.
- Supporting manufacturing and field teams with troubleshooting, debug operations, and sustaining engineering of existing products
- 5+ years manufacturing experience with machine assembly, wiring, and test.
- Able to read blueprints, schematics, engineering drawings, and technical orders (ECO’s) to determine methods and sequence of assembly operations.
- Strong precision soldering experience (certification preferred)
- Able to complete complex assemblies and ensure proper interaction of components.
- Strong electrical background /can troubleshoot simple wiring and electrical assemblies.
- Ability to perform testing and troubleshooting in a variety of engineering tasks.
- Preferred candidates will have excellent verbal/ written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient use of measuring instruments such as digital multi-meters, micrometers, calipers, and height gauges.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, precision instruments, and test equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate physical dexterity, ability to bend and to lift (< 50lbs.)
- Problem solving skills are essential
- Acute attention to detail with moderate supervision.
- Initiative and responsibility for successful execution of multiple tasks through all project stages
- Proficiency in the use of a PC, Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, and Outlook)