- The Electro-Mechanical Assembler II is required to assemble, inspect and perform acceptance testing on complex electro-optical systems. To accomplish this effectively, the Electro-Mechanical Assembler II works independently from: engineering drawings, engineering changes, bills of material, work instructions, test procedures and production schedules. Disassembly and repair of product in a repair environment.
- Perform all required electro-mechanical or opto-mechanical assembly, disassembly or modification of production hardware or customer owned systems. This activity will be accomplished in accordance with engineering drawings, schematics, work instructions and quality standards.
- Perform acceptance inspection, as required, to assure compliance with drawing and contractual requirements.
- Perform required assembly level acceptance testing in accordance with approved Acceptance Test Procedures or other engineering documents.
- Accomplish basic diagnostic and fault isolation.
- Assist Engineering, where required, in failure analysis and implementation of corrective action.
- Repair customer owned product in a repair environment working from failure reports, engineering drawings or repair manuals.
- Responsible for the safe handling and disposal of hazardous materials and waste.
High school diploma or equivalent and one - three years minimum experience in manufacturing of related complex electro-mechanical subassemblies, major assemblies and systems. Must be capable of working directly from engineering drawings, schematics, performance specifications, quality standards and customer repair orders. Demonstrate aptitude to work independently with minimum written instructions and direct supervision. Basic computer operation skills required for access to Engineering and Configuration systems. Proficiency in usage and operation of basic electrical test equipment and mechanical measuring instruments. May be required to wear a company-provided respirator in order to perform some job functions.