Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client in the Aerospace industry is looking for a Buyer to join their team.
This position is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, buying and managing a wide range of purchase requisitions in support of production, engineering, business development and other internal organizations in a compliant manner aligned with internal policies and procedures.
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic, mechanical, optical and/or electro-mechanical components.
• Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, terms and conditions, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
• Monitor MRP action and exception messages daily, place orders, and align supply and demand daily.
• Track material status to production need date. Follow through on action items to align schedule and provide clear and open communication with planners and materials managers.
• Analyze atypical material requirements versus inventory and order status, determine criticality, coordinate with suppliers to develop plans, and make recommendations to management
• Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
• Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
• Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary.
• Maintain accurate and consistent master data
• Support bids and proposals and NPI processes by target pricing initiatives
• Verifies and approves payment of invoices for orders received as required with accounts payable driving resolution of issues.
• Deliver cost savings, payment channel compliance and supplier optimization
• Assess change needs, impacts, and stakeholder management activities and support change management integration activities
• Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Develop and maintain supplier profiles.
• Investigate and Develop negotiation plans
• Develop alternate sources while reducing overall vendor base.
• Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
• Studies market trends and interviews suppliers. Make recommendations to management of suppliers to be placed on the approved vendor list
• Conduct Supply risk mitigation analysis and develop contingency plans
• Always perform Procurement activities with the highest ethical standards consistent with company policies and requirements.
• Ensures small business program is utilized and guidelines followed
• Ensure complete flow-down of customer contractual requirements
Qualifications of the Buyer II
• BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field, preferred.
• CPM or APICS certification preferred
• A minimum 5-7 years relevant procurement experience,
• Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals.
• Must have good working knowledge of MRPII system. ERP experience in Materials/Procurement modules
• Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Experience purchasing electronic, mechanical, optical and electro-mechanical components.
• Experience with developing RFQ/RFP, negotiations, contracts, preparing financial analysis, material acquisition, expediting and coordination of shipping arrangements.
• Experience with managing multiple commodity areas and tasks effectively in a fast paced work environment.
• Knowledge of ITAR restrictions, and FAR/DFAR requirements a plus
- Sr. Hardware Engineer (2) in Alhambra CA
- FPGA Design Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Mechanical Designer in Marietta GA
- 5-axis CNC programmer in Manchester CT
- Customer Service Associate in Westford MA
- Civil Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- TIG Welder in Norcross GA
- Human Resources Generalist in Marlborough MA
- HR Generalist in Swedesboro NJ
- Assembly Tech in Alpharetta GA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Part Time Receptionist in Lowell MA
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Inventory Control Associate in Woburn MA
- Optical Engineer in MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- Medical Lab Tech in Norwood MA
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Principal Diagnostics Engineer in MA
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Program Manager II in MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Tool Room-Maintenance Supervisor in Atlanta GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Buyer in Peabody MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Specialist in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA
- Marketing Communication Associate in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in North Charleston SC
- CAD Designer in Arlington TN
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift) in Ashland MA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Altium Designer in Lawrenceville GA
- Endoscope Technician in Bartlett TN
- SMT Production lead in Milford NH
- Industrial Engineer in Newnan GA
- NDT Inspector III in Central Manchester CT