Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client in the Aerospace industry is looking for a Buyer to join their team.
This position is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, buying and managing a wide range of purchase requisitions in support of production, engineering, business development and other internal organizations in a compliant manner aligned with internal policies and procedures.
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic, mechanical, optical and/or electro-mechanical components.
• Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, terms and conditions, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
• Monitor MRP action and exception messages daily, place orders, and align supply and demand daily.
• Track material status to production need date. Follow through on action items to align schedule and provide clear and open communication with planners and materials managers.
• Analyze atypical material requirements versus inventory and order status, determine criticality, coordinate with suppliers to develop plans, and make recommendations to management
• Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
• Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
• Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary.
• Maintain accurate and consistent master data
• Support bids and proposals and NPI processes by target pricing initiatives
• Verifies and approves payment of invoices for orders received as required with accounts payable driving resolution of issues.
• Deliver cost savings, payment channel compliance and supplier optimization
• Assess change needs, impacts, and stakeholder management activities and support change management integration activities
• Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Develop and maintain supplier profiles.
• Investigate and Develop negotiation plans
• Develop alternate sources while reducing overall vendor base.
• Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
• Studies market trends and interviews suppliers. Make recommendations to management of suppliers to be placed on the approved vendor list
• Conduct Supply risk mitigation analysis and develop contingency plans
• Always perform Procurement activities with the highest ethical standards consistent with company policies and requirements.
• Ensures small business program is utilized and guidelines followed
• Ensure complete flow-down of customer contractual requirements
Qualifications of the Buyer II
• BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field, preferred.
• CPM or APICS certification preferred
• A minimum 5-7 years relevant procurement experience,
• Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals.
• Must have good working knowledge of MRPII system. ERP experience in Materials/Procurement modules
• Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Experience purchasing electronic, mechanical, optical and electro-mechanical components.
• Experience with developing RFQ/RFP, negotiations, contracts, preparing financial analysis, material acquisition, expediting and coordination of shipping arrangements.
• Experience with managing multiple commodity areas and tasks effectively in a fast paced work environment.
• Knowledge of ITAR restrictions, and FAR/DFAR requirements a plus
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Quality Document Specialist in Loganville GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Production Control Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Test Technician in Natick MA
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Technical Accounting Manager in Billerica MA
- Fabricator in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr iOS engineer in Boston MA
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Administrative Assistant in Milford MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Sr Director Engineering in Alhambra CA
- Lean Manager-Continuous Improvement Manager in Milford NH
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Final Inspectors in Central Manchester CT
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Punch Press Programmer in Duluth GA
- Inventory Clerk in Acton MA
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Buyer in Woburn MA
- Systems Development Co-op in Milford MA
- Design Assurance Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Receiving Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Project Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- EM Assembler III in Westboro MA
- Training Coordinator in Ashland MA
- Electromechanical Assembler in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Customer Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- SI Assembler II in Nashua NH
- Service Delivery Manager in Minneapolis MN
- Post SMT Assembler in Westford MA
- Mechanical Assembler - 2nd Shift in Ashland MA
- Mechanical -Manufacturing Engineer in Woburn MA
- Lead Packaging Technician in Sutton MA
- Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Account Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Regional Account Executive MA in Marlborough MA
- Senior Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Senior Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Order Picker in Brooklyn Park MN
- Senior Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Senior Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Senior Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Materials and Production Planner in Tucker GA
- Regional Account Executive MN in Minneapolis MN
- Regional Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Regional Account Executive NJ in Vineland NJ
- Regional Account Executive NH in Nashua NH
- Account Manager MN in Minneapolis MN
- Account Manager GA in Suwanee GA
- Account Manager NJ in Vineland NJ
- Account Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Instrument Assembler II in Eden Prairie MN
- Material Handler in Marlborough MA
- Program Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Program Manager Suwanee GA in Suwanee GA
- Program Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Panel Builder in Duluth GA
- Sales Administrative Assistant in Lawrenceville GA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Logistics Coordinator-Analyst in West Harrison NY
- Datron Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Machine Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Lawrenceville GA
- NC Programmer in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Sterling MA
- Electrical Assembler in Sterling MA
- Fabrication Technician in Sterling MA
- Shipping & Receiving Technician in Sterling MA
- Research Engineering Co-Op Spring 2019 in Milford MA