Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client in the Aerospace industry is looking for a Buyer to join their team.
This position is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, buying and managing a wide range of purchase requisitions in support of production, engineering, business development and other internal organizations in a compliant manner aligned with internal policies and procedures.
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic, mechanical, optical and/or electro-mechanical components.
• Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, terms and conditions, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
• Monitor MRP action and exception messages daily, place orders, and align supply and demand daily.
• Track material status to production need date. Follow through on action items to align schedule and provide clear and open communication with planners and materials managers.
• Analyze atypical material requirements versus inventory and order status, determine criticality, coordinate with suppliers to develop plans, and make recommendations to management
• Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
• Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
• Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary.
• Maintain accurate and consistent master data
• Support bids and proposals and NPI processes by target pricing initiatives
• Verifies and approves payment of invoices for orders received as required with accounts payable driving resolution of issues.
• Deliver cost savings, payment channel compliance and supplier optimization
• Assess change needs, impacts, and stakeholder management activities and support change management integration activities
• Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Develop and maintain supplier profiles.
• Investigate and Develop negotiation plans
• Develop alternate sources while reducing overall vendor base.
• Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
• Studies market trends and interviews suppliers. Make recommendations to management of suppliers to be placed on the approved vendor list
• Conduct Supply risk mitigation analysis and develop contingency plans
• Always perform Procurement activities with the highest ethical standards consistent with company policies and requirements.
• Ensures small business program is utilized and guidelines followed
• Ensure complete flow-down of customer contractual requirements
Qualifications of the Buyer II
• BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field, preferred.
• CPM or APICS certification preferred
• A minimum 5-7 years relevant procurement experience,
• Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals.
• Must have good working knowledge of MRPII system. ERP experience in Materials/Procurement modules
• Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Experience purchasing electronic, mechanical, optical and electro-mechanical components.
• Experience with developing RFQ/RFP, negotiations, contracts, preparing financial analysis, material acquisition, expediting and coordination of shipping arrangements.
• Experience with managing multiple commodity areas and tasks effectively in a fast paced work environment.
• Knowledge of ITAR restrictions, and FAR/DFAR requirements a plus
- Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Inventory and Material Control Associate in Duluth GA
- Wire Processing Machine Operator in Brooklyn Park MN
- Technician in Cambridge MA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Quality Tech in Norcross GA
- Quality Inspector in Manchester NH
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- QA Engineer in Manchester NH
- MFG - process Engineer Automation Test Tech QA Engineer Material Planner in Manchester NH
- FPGA Designer - Firmware Development Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector in Merrimack NH
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Quality Engineer in Laconia NH
- AP- AR Specialist in Boylston MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- Talent Acquisition Manager in Marlborough MA
- Lean-FEM Coordinator in Doraville GA
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- CAD Drafter in Ball Ground GA
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Assembly Test Tech in Marlborough MA
- RMA Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Product Design Engineer in Milford NH
- Process Engineer- Metallurgist in Milford NH
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Chaska MN
- Warehouse - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Modular Assembly - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Fabrication - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Manufacturing Tech (Entry Level) in Ayer MA
- Office Manager in Huntsville AL
- Soldering in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Norcross GA
- Digital Product Manager in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Representative in Leominister MA
- Electrical Engineer in Lowell MA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Woodbury MN
- QC Inspector in Manchester NH
- Pallet Builder in Suwanee GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lithonia GA
- Lead Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Office Manager in Lexington MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Hoschton GA
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Microdeburer in Milford MA
- Machine Operator in Hoschton GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Lowell MA
- Maintenance Technician in Hoschton GA
- Accounting-Administrative Support in Duluth GA
- Project Coordinator in Minneapolis MN
- Buyer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Assembler in Golden Valley MN
- Technical Recruiter in Suwanee GA
- Quality Coordinator in Mansfield MA
- Tooling Engineer in Newnan GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Burnsville MN
- E&I - Maintenance Technician in Lithonia GA
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Maintenance Tech in Lawrenceville GA
- Process Operator in Franklin MA
- Trade (Import-Export) Specialist in Milford MA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Manufacturing Technician in Burlington MA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Quality Engineer in Duluth GA
- Structural Engineer in Ball Ground GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Tucker GA
- Senior Document Control Specialist in Cambridge MA
- Lead Mechanical Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Industrial Seamstress in Suwanee GA
- Sr Test Engineer in Bedford MA
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Lead in Olive Branch MS
- Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift in Ashland MA
- Manufacturing Engineer-Contract in Charlton MA
- Technical Recruiter-Program Manager - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Software Engineer in Cambridge MA