2nd shift ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
2nd shift ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST
Title:2nd shift ID/OD GRIND MACHINIST
Davis National Staffing is partnering with a leading Aerospace OEM in the Manchester, Connecticut area to hire a Sr. ID/OD Grinding Machinist on a contract to hire basis. This position will be training on first shift and then move to second shift after a month or so. If interested in this role, apply to this posting with your Word formatted resume to be contacted. To expedite the process, you can send your resume to Rich Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org to be reached sooner.
SENIOR ID/OD GRIND MACHINIST
The Sr. ID/OD Grind Machinist position is a senior level setup machinist position. This position utilizes the machinist’s skills and knowledge to efficiently perform and maintain the manufacturing processes on CNC and manual ID/OD grinding machines to produce precision aerospace components.
- Independently set up and operate ID/OD grinding machines as required without supervision.
- Read/interpret machining program language required for machine operation at a high level.
- Possess a complete understanding of programming required for machine operation.
- Manually dress grinding wheel
- Use manual inspection equipment as required, e.g. height stands, micrometers, indicators, dial bores, verniers, etc., and the ability train associates on the use of said equipment.
- Work with aerospace materials such as aluminum, stainless steel, magnesium, titanium, and nickel alloys.
- Follow customer quality requirements, and read/ interpret operation sheets and work instructions.
- Read/interpret reports from the CMM measuring equipment and understand the functionality of the machine.
- Collaborate with support groups i.e. engineering, and quality, to prevent or overcome production issues and work stoppages.
- Adhere to established policies and company procedures and standard work.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to maintain machinery performance and prevent machine downtime.
- Initiate and participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques as approved by supervisor.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease machine downtime.
- Act as a role model, coach and train new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Leads, Supervisors and/or Managers.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical school graduate in machining (desired)
- Minimum of 7 Years of Machining Experience.
- Strong machine setup skills.
- Aerospace experience.
- Ability to work with tight tolerances.
- Strong industrial math skills, trigonometry required.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to use and setup various measuring devices.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Lean basic knowledge i.e. 5S, setup reduction, TPM.
- Ability to read & interpret machining program language.
- Buyer - Planner in Peabody MA
- Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Press Break Machine Operator in Peabody MA
- Electro Mechanical Assembler in Lowell MA
- Chemistry Technician I in Golden CO
- Controls Engineer in Mt. Washington KY
- Electronic Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Estimator in Pendergrass GA
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Assembly-Production Tech ERA in Golden CO
- Assembler, CT in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Shipping & Recieving in Alpharetta GA
- Estimation Technician in Memphis TN
- CAD Modeler in Carrolton GA
- Associate Videographer in Milford MA
- Inventory Clerk in Rochester NH
- Computer - Production Technician in Rochester NH
- Engineering Administrative Assistant in Westborough MA
- Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Material Handler III in Milford MA
- Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Billerica MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Machine Operator III in Bridgeport NJ
- Machine Operator I in Bridgeport NJ
- Payroll-HR Clerk in Millville NJ
- Credit Specialist in Memphis TN
- Material Handler (Production) 2-13 in Westborough MA
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- EM Assembler in Holliston MA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Press Brake Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Warehouse - General Labor in Oxford MA
- Electronic Technician in Memphis TN
- Accounts Payable Specialist in Milford MA
- Test Operator in Nashua NH
- EM Assembler in Leominster MA
- Order Picker in Wilsonville OR
- Associate CMM Layout Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Entry Level Staff Accountant in Golden CO
- Maintenance Mechanic in Maple Grove MN
- CNC Programmer in Leominster MA
- Document Control Specialist in North Billerica MA
- CNC Turning Machinist in Milford MA
- Accountant in Hudson MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanics - 2nd and 3rd shifts in Lincoln RI
- Assembler-Kitter in Norwood MA
- Electrical Design Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Shipping and Receiving Supervisor in Westborough MA
- Custodian in Westborough MA
- Production Supervisor in Conyers GA
- Material Handler (Production) in Westborough MA
- Candidate Experience Coordinator in Manhattan NY
- Diesel Technician in Lilburn GA
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Controls Technician in Portland ME
- Manual Machinist in New Haven CT
- Engineer, Navigation Systems 18-0054 in Alhambra CA
- Sr Electrical Designer in Minneapolis MN
- IT Technician in Norcross GA
- Quality Engineer in Dover NH
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Advanced Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift Production Supervisor in Brooklyn Park MN
- Endoscope Technician in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Franklin MA
- Operator- Assembly tech in Central Manchester CT
- Industrial Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Executive Assistant in Newton MA
- Logistics Clerk in Franklin MA
- Machine shop Lead - Supervisor in Central Manchester CT
- Preventative Maintenance Tech - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Mechanical - Incoming Inspector in Hudson NH
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- EHS Technician - Environmental Health & Safety Tech in Maple Grove MN
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- Paint & Assembly Supervisor in Norcross GA
- Lab Analyst in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Hollis NH
- Production Support Technician- 18-0027 in Alhambra CA
- MOCVD Section Manager- 18-0011 in Alhambra CA
- Product Engineer in Milford NH
- Assembly & Automation Process Engineer in North Canton OH
- Maintenance Mechanic in Shrewsbury MA
- Electronics Technician in Framingham MA
- Logistics Coordinator in Bartlett TN
- Test Tech - 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Test Operator 2nd shift in Westboro MA
- Solder Assembler II-III 2nd shift in Westboro
- EM Assembler I-II (2nd Shift) in Westboro MA
- Test Operator - AOI -1st shift in Westboro MA
- Quality Inspector II - PCB in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Production Supervisor in Shrewsbury MA