We currently have an opening for a Mechanical Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. The successful applicant will work within the mechanical engineering department assisting in the design and development of mechanical systems and be part of a focused team creating and supporting new medical products.
• Design, modify or identify commercial items; such as: robotics, mechanisms, mechanical components, fluidics components and/or mechanical subassemblies, etc.
• Perform analyses and experiments to evaluate products, designs or processes. Utilizing mathematical techniques, specialized computer programs, FEA, Tolerance Stack-up, etc.
• Conduct computer simulations to design and test products.
• Prepare engineering specifications and procedures.
• Produce 3D CAD part files and assemblies and associated drawings.
• Produce and evaluate engineering prototypes.
• Prepare technical documentation relating to proposals, reports, specifications, etc.
• Provide recommendations regarding design feasibility given specified materials and processes.
• Research information on equipment and cost for project proposals.
• Perform lab/field testing for new or existing applications.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Working understanding of designing for multiple manufacturing processes (machining, sheet metal, welding, casting, thermo forming, injection molding, etc.)
• Practical working experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and tolerance stack analysis.
• Strong communication and team work skills including: written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office suite and 3D CAD (SolidWorks - preferred) software
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills