Our client in Ashland is seeking an Electrical Engineer to design, develop, maintain, and document microprocessor-based electronic gas ignition controls in collaboration with a team of multidisciplinary engineers and technicians.
Including, but not limited to:
- Sustaining Engineering activities such as:
- Alternate electrical component identification and qualification.
- Failure root cause analysis of product returns.
- Identify and implement corrective actions.
- New Product Development Engineering activities such as:
- Develop electrical schematics.
- Communicate design intent to printed circuit board (PCB) designers.
- Review printed circuit board (PCB) layouts for errors and omissions.
- Write and/or review functional specifications for technical content and accuracy.
- Develop test plans for execution of functional, endurance, and environmental testing of electronic gas ignition controls.
- Perform timely and accurate documentation reviews via the engineering change order (ECO) process.
- Participate in Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) efforts.
- Assist Compliance Engineers with third-party agency approvals (UL, CSA, CE, etc.)
- Develop standard work to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with alternate electrical component identification and qualification.
- Experience with PCB failure root cause analysis.
- Experience with identification and implementation of corrective actions.
- Proficient in electronic hardware design and development.
- Experience with execution of functional, endurance, and environmental testing of electromechanical devices.
- Proven technical writing and documentation skills.
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Able to interpret Test Data and Specifications.
- Experience with Engineering Change Order (ECO) processes.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of task execution and generate results with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Capable of effective time management and prioritization and making progress on multiple concurrent tasks.
- Comfortable with ambiguous project/task definition and able to propose alternative solutions to technical problems.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook software.
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with designing for noisy EMI/RFI environments and mitigating electrical noise in circuit board designs.
- Experience with design of low cost, high volume electronic devices.
- Experience with non-OS based system designs.
- Experience designing with 8, 16, and 32-bit micro controllers (Microchip PIC® Microcontrollers or equivalent.)
- Experience with HPQC, SVN, Simulink, and/or PADS Logic.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) techniques.
- Experience with third-party agency approval processes and requirements (UL, CSA, CE, ANSI, IEC, EN 298, etc.)
- Experience in HVAC or Commercial Cooking industries.