- Provide direct schedule, route, and fare information to customers to primarily walk-in customers but will also handle Front Counter phone calls.
- Maintain schedules and route maps for distribution to the public, including mail requests
- Make and sell passes and other miscellaneous items.
- Responsible for opening and closing the Customer Service counters as well as monitoring activities in the lobbies of the Transit Centers.
- Maintain daily reports for all activities in the Customer Service area including the daily receipt report. Deposit daily cash, track sales receipts, and ensure that all transactions balance daily.
- Report any discrepancies immediately to the Manager of Customer Experience.
- Responsible for an accurate accounting and reporting of inventory.
- Log lost and found items, contact customers, and dispose of items per policy.
- Receive applications for reduced fare programs and process approved forms. Issue senior citizen reduced fare cards and student/youth cards.
- Enter card numbers and other information for senior citizens, disabled, and student/youth cardholders daily into a computer log.
- Manage one or more specific programs which may include processing applications, maintaining database of information, and the distribution of passes.
- Work with appropriate personnel to resolve customer concerns which may include direct contact with the customer as well as reporting any complaints to the department head, Chief Communications Officer or other personnel.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer-facing environment. Cash handling experience and understanding of and experience with basic accounting procedures is required.
- Must be bondable.
Must be knowledgeable about the Memphis area street network and be able to learn and understand bus routes and schedule information.
- Must be able to use of a personal computer (typing speed of 30 wpm), as well as general office equipment and Microsoft Office software, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and co-workers in person and handle complaints in a positive manner.
- Should be able to think outside the box and develop creative solutions to recover customers who have experienced a service failure.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays and occasional overtime.
Salary 13.00 per hour; Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays