Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep
Top manufacturing company in the Ashland, MA area is seeking an experienced Customer Service Rep for a long-term indefinite contract opportunity. Mon-Fri, 9am-5:30pm, $19-$22/hr DOE
This role will have full responsibility to accurately enter and manage both domestic and international orders. This position works directly with customer and the sales team on order issues and is responsible for problem identification, analysis, communication and resolution. You will work within a team, in a fast paced environment. This requires the ability to meet commitments as well as strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to maintain positive/professional attitude at all times with internal and external customers. Work with the Sales Group to create and execute actions as a team with clear focus on the customer to meet order expectations.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all pending and open orders within the assigned territory.
- Align and prioritize material availability with customer request while promptly and clearly communicating any deviation or resolution.
- Review orders prior to entry for completeness, accuracy and the potential for “up-selling”
- Communicate regularly, timely and professionally with all customers and correspondence.
- Respond to customer requests for product pricing/availability, order processing and expediting; refer end users to Company authorized distributors.
- Review order status and ensure consistency and alignment to customer need.
- Coordinate with credit/planning/shipping departments for on time shipment of the sales orders.
- Refer requests for special pricing to the appropriate Sales Manager.
- Perform regular review of assigned territory accounts to proactively manage customer accounts
- Investigate customer complaints, assist the department’s supervisor in determining causes and propose corrective action to prevent from occurring again
- Coordinate with, and assist the other customer service representatives.
- Understand the Company’s brand differentiation and work accordingly.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelors Degree preferred
- 3+ years experience in a customer service, call center or order entry position required
- Good computer (PC) skills, including a working knowledge of Windows, MS Office (word, access, excel).
- CRM and PSE 1 knowledge desirable
- Excellent communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent organization skills a must.
- Flexibility in working hours is essential in order to respond to customer requests in a timely manner
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred but not required.