Medical Billing Specialist
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Medical Billing Specialist
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Medical Billing Specialist
Our Client in Boston, MA is looking for a Medical Biller with at least 2 years of physician billing experience to join their team!
The Billing Specialist is responsible for billing and claims resolution for patients, private insurance companies, Medicaid and Medicare. He/she must effectively interact with multiple disciplines including management, financial clearance staff, nursing staff, physicians, commercial insurance carriers, government agencies, and have a high-level of expertise in understanding commercial and governmental insurance carrier rules and regulations, and the ability to manage ongoing change and think creatively.
- Corrects procedure and diagnosis coding on claims held by claim scrubber. Confirms diagnosis and procedures with nurses and physicians to ensure information is correct; adds correct modifiers as needed.
- Verifies that procedure charges are consistent with insurance guidelines to minimize claim denial.
- Attaches patient co-payment and any unpaid balance money received that could not be done automatically by practice management system.
- Responsible for monitoring open encounter list to ensure all encounters received are entered.
- Prepares and submits insurance claims.
- Sends all insurance verification denials to financial clearance team.
- Identifies liability and guarantors; reviews and adjusts account balances.
- Facilitates the interpretation of Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) and follows up as needed.
- Posts payments and adjustments not automatically processed by the practice management system; validates payments and adjustments automatically processed by practice management system.
- Works with athenaHealth employees to resolve claim issues identified via worklists.
- Assists in the collection of past due accounts by following up with insurance companies to learn the status of claims after initial athenaHealth follow-up. Also submits appeals on denied claims as required after initial athenaHealth follow-up.
- Maintains current knowledge of all CPT code changes and billing requirements.
- Attends billing meetings and training courses requested by Billing Manager.
- Maintains HIPAA compliance.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Required Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical procedures, CPT codes, ICD-10 coding.
- Knowledge of insurance company operating procedures and requirements for billing.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and office information.
- Must have the ability to recognize, evaluate, and correct errors.
- Must have the ability to work with other billing office employees / vendors to obtain necessary information.
- Must possess exceptional communication (verbal) skills.
- Must have skills and knowledge of computer, hardware and software. Must have the capability of working well independently as well as under direct supervision.
- Knowledge of athenaCollector is a plus.
- Must have experience working with HCFA 1500s and Medicaid form 5.
- Must have experience working with Medicaid, Medicare and Commercial Insurance.
- High school diploma and 2 years of physician office billing experience are required.
- Warehouse Associate in Milford MA
- Embedded Engineer in Ashland MA
- AP Clerk in Hopedale MA
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Multi-Craft Day Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Electrical Engineer in Littleton MA
- Material Handler in Suwanee GA
- Project Engineer in Sterling MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Sterling MA
- Customer Service Rep in Needham Heights MA
- Receptionist in Alpharetta GA
- Field Service Engineer in Columbia MD
- Outside Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Cumming GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Mechanical Drafter in Brooklyn Park MN
- QC Inspector in Bedford MA
- Solidworks Drafter in McBee SC
- IT Recruiter MA in Woburn MA
- Electrical Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pendergrass GA
- Customer Care Coordinator in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Facilities Technician in Ashland MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Inventory Controller in Lebanon NH
- Shipper in Plymouth MA
- Sr. Assembly Technician in East Boston MA
- CAD designer in Hudson MA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Safety Engineer in Norcross GA
- Material Handler in Taunton MA
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Clerk in Doraville GA
- Shipping in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Packaging Engineer in Ayer MA
- Manufacturing Lab Technician in Norwood MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Order Processor in Duluth GA
- Planner in Duluth GA
- Depot Repair Technician in Duluth GA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Deployment Team in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Technical Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Mechanical Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Controls Engineer in Vance AL
- Electrical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- HR Director in MA
- CNC Machinist in Contoocook NH
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate (seasonal) in Ashland MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Controls Tech in Gainesville GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Buyer in Milford NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Bench Repair Technician in Cumming GA
- Welder - Sheet metal fabricator in N. Billerica MA
- Program Manager in Saint Petersburg FL
- electro-mechanical assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Standard Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Firmware Engineer in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Lowell MA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Packaging Supervisor in Lynn MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Quality Manager in Dover NH
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA