Medical Billing Specialist
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Medical Billing Specialist
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Medical Billing Specialist
Our Client in Boston, MA is looking for a Medical Biller with at least 2 years of physician billing experience to join their team!
The Billing Specialist is responsible for billing and claims resolution for patients, private insurance companies, Medicaid and Medicare. He/she must effectively interact with multiple disciplines including management, financial clearance staff, nursing staff, physicians, commercial insurance carriers, government agencies, and have a high-level of expertise in understanding commercial and governmental insurance carrier rules and regulations, and the ability to manage ongoing change and think creatively.
- Corrects procedure and diagnosis coding on claims held by claim scrubber. Confirms diagnosis and procedures with nurses and physicians to ensure information is correct; adds correct modifiers as needed.
- Verifies that procedure charges are consistent with insurance guidelines to minimize claim denial.
- Attaches patient co-payment and any unpaid balance money received that could not be done automatically by practice management system.
- Responsible for monitoring open encounter list to ensure all encounters received are entered.
- Prepares and submits insurance claims.
- Sends all insurance verification denials to financial clearance team.
- Identifies liability and guarantors; reviews and adjusts account balances.
- Facilitates the interpretation of Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) and follows up as needed.
- Posts payments and adjustments not automatically processed by the practice management system; validates payments and adjustments automatically processed by practice management system.
- Works with athenaHealth employees to resolve claim issues identified via worklists.
- Assists in the collection of past due accounts by following up with insurance companies to learn the status of claims after initial athenaHealth follow-up. Also submits appeals on denied claims as required after initial athenaHealth follow-up.
- Maintains current knowledge of all CPT code changes and billing requirements.
- Attends billing meetings and training courses requested by Billing Manager.
- Maintains HIPAA compliance.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Required Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical procedures, CPT codes, ICD-10 coding.
- Knowledge of insurance company operating procedures and requirements for billing.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and office information.
- Must have the ability to recognize, evaluate, and correct errors.
- Must have the ability to work with other billing office employees / vendors to obtain necessary information.
- Must possess exceptional communication (verbal) skills.
- Must have skills and knowledge of computer, hardware and software. Must have the capability of working well independently as well as under direct supervision.
- Knowledge of athenaCollector is a plus.
- Must have experience working with HCFA 1500s and Medicaid form 5.
- Must have experience working with Medicaid, Medicare and Commercial Insurance.
- High school diploma and 2 years of physician office billing experience are required.
- CNC Machinist in Norcross GA
- Accounts Payable & Receivable Specialist in Leominster MA
- Engineering Administrative Assistant in Leominster MA
- Electrical Engineer in Hollis NH
- Quality Inspector in Hollis NH
- Mechanical Engineer in Duluth GA
- Assembler Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Electro-optical Instrument Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Atlanta GA
- Traffic Coordinator in Franklin MA
- Kitter-Assembler in Norwood MA
- Lead Machinist in Memphis TN
- Design Assurance Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Freight Dispatcher in Vineland NJ
- Facility Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Design Engineer in Lawrenceville GA
- Test Tech in Westborough MA
- Punch Press Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Sr R&D Technician in Eden Prairie MN
- Purchasing Contractor in East Boston MA
- NDT Level III Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Technician-Machine operator in N. Billerica MA
- Test Specialist in Suwanee GA
- HR Manager in Clinton MA
- Material Handler 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Accounts Payable Temp in Buford GA
- Manual Machinist in Peabody MA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Beverly MA
- Facilities EHS Manager in Southbridge MA
- EM assembler in Leominster MA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Entry Level Production Manager in Bensalem PA
- Buyer in Duluth GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Customer Service Representative in Oakdale MN
- Planner II in Bridgeport NJ
- Warehouse Supervisor in Bridgeport NJ
- EM Assembler in Waltham MA
- Financial Analyst in Westford MA
- Material Handler in Waltham MA
- CNC Machinist in Murrayville GA
- Press Brake Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Inventory and Material Control Associate in Duluth GA
- Customer Service Representative in Norfolk MA
- Principal-Secondary Assembly in Wilsonville OR
- Control Panel Point to Point Wirer in Wilsonville OR
- Machine Operators in Lebanon NH
- Electrician in Cumming GA
- Solder Assembler in Natick MA
- Solidworks Drafter in Portsmouth NH
- Mechanical Technician - Assembler in Eden Prairie MN
- Wire Machine Operator in Ayer MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Supervisor in Milford MA
- Lean Manager in Milford NH
- Packaging Technician in Sutton MA
- Logistics System Coordinator in Everett MA
- Sr. Engineer in MA
- Industrial Painter in Duluth GA
- Administrative Assistant in Bartlett TN
- Project Manager CAD Tech in Bartlett TN
- Refrigeration Tech in Acton MA
- Control Panel Wirer Technician in Acton MA
- Test Technician in Acton MA
- Sales Administrator in Needham Heights MA
- Solidworks Drafter in Kennnesaw GA
- Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Program Manager II in MA
- Parts Counter Attendant in Bridgeton NJ
- ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift) in Ashland MA
- Document Control Specialist in Worcester MA
- Test Technician in Worcester MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA
- Test Tech I PCB in Westboro MA
- QA Mechanical Inspector in Ashland MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westborough MA
- EM Assembler II in Westboro MA
- Solder Assembler II in Westboro
- Material Handler in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- EHS Coordinator - Environmental Health and Safety in Maple Grove MN
- Administrative Assistant in Sudbury MA
- 2nd Shift Machinist in Newton MA
- Sr. Sales Rep in woburn MA
- CNC Operator in Ashland MA
- Documentation Specialist in Ayer MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Waltham MA
- Production Manager in Lynn MA
- Material Coordinator in Worcester MA
- HVAC Mechanic in Bridgeton NJ
- Director Of Operations in Memphis TN
- Executive Assistant in Milford MA
- EM Assembler in Malborough MA
- Material Handler in Memphis TN
- Entry Level Machine Operator - Die Cut collector in Sutton MA
- Machine Operator in Sutton MA