Do you have medical billing experience? We are seeking a top performing, full-time Billing Specialist that is looking to make a difference. This position is located out of our Greater Boston office.
Imagine working for an emerging growth healthcare company where you are in the driver's seat.
The Billing Specialist may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review all patient care reports (PCR) for complete and correct documentation following the documented procedure.
- Keep an accurate accounting of all documentation errors.
- Generate and distribute discrepancy reports as appropriate.
- Collaborate effectively with the Operations Manager to ensure prompt resolution to billing discrepancies involving paperwork issues.
- Demonstrate a high degree of familiarity with paperwork standards and required level of documentation.
- Maintain the proper filing, and archiving of patient care reports.
- Retrieve archived patient care reports as needed.
- Communicating with Patients and Patients Representatives to resolve healthcare accounts while offering excellent customer service. Maintaining diplomacy when addressing matters that escalate.
- Providing thorough, efficient, and accurate documentation and updates in all required systems for each work event.
- Meeting monthly goals and quality standards through efficient and accurate work processes.
- Reviewing open accounts to determine and take appropriate actions through understanding charges, billed claims, payments, denials, adjustments, and refunds.
- Processing all correspondence with adherence to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines where applicable. Maintaining knowledge of functional area and company policies and procedures.
The Billing Specialist may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Making recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Performing other duties as assigned by management.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Responding to verbal and/or written inquiries in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Have a minimum of two years of experience in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations relating to job duties.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Understanding of health insurance providers, Workers' Compensation, Medicare, Medicaid, and liability claims processes and contracts.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Proficient personal computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
High school diploma or GED. College degree preferred.