Billing and Authorization Specialist
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Billing and Authorization Specialist
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Billing and Authorization Specialist
Well Funded Medical Device company Looking for a Prior Authorization Specialist to Join Their Team!
The Prior Authorization Specialist for Specialty Items is responsible for billing and insurance eligibility and authorizations for speciality medical devices. This position is the primary contact for insurance companies related to these items and has frequent patient interaction answering questions and explaining authorizations, insurance eligibility and billing.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Verify patient’s insurance and obtain authorizations for speciality medical devices.
- Act as primary contact for insurance companies related to high dollar drugs and infertility procedures.
- Answer phone calls regarding billing, authorizations, insurance, and referrals for speciality medical devices..
- Contact and process patient payments as needed.
- Communicate with and answer questions from patients, staff and physicians in person and over the phone relating to authorizations, insurance, referrals and billing inquiries with respect to speciality medical devices.
- Run daily/weekly reports for appointment efficiency.
- Interact effectively, continuously and with front office staff.
- Review and update demographics and patient information for accuracy.
- Additional tasks and duties as required.
All qualified candidates must have the following required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum one year of billing/authorization/eligibility experience in a health care organization.
- Familiar with insurance verification, authorization, and eligibility checks.
- Knowledge of billing practices.
- Familiar with health insurance policies.
- Ability to examine and enter billing/demographic information completely and accurately.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and regulations.
- Ability to answer questions effectively for patients, staff, and physicians both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to perform all tasks accurately, completely, and timely.
- Experience with data entry into EMR and practice management systems.
- Excellent computer skills.
Additionally, qualified candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Professional, calm demeanor.
- Patient and positive attitude.
- Excellent customer service skills both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to deal with difficult people.
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, concisely and effectively both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
If you are interested please Apply Now!
- 1st Shift Electrical Manufacturing Technician in Brooklyn Park MN
- 1st Shift Order Picker in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift - Control Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- Accountant in Bartlett TN
- Accounting Analyst in King of Prussia PA
- Shipping Receiving Coordinator in New Hope MN
- Material Handler II in Westboro MA
- Revenue Analyst in Lowell MA
- Customer Quality Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr Quality System Engineer in Eden Prairie MN
- Assembly Technician in Hollis NH
- Quality Engineer in Peterborough NH
- Internal Audit Analyst in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Sr. Hardware Engineer (2) in Alhambra CA
- FPGA Design Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Warehouse Associate in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Designer in Marietta GA
- Customer Service Associate in Westford MA
- Civil Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- TIG Welder in Norcross GA
- Quality Specialist in Norcross GA
- Human Resources Generalist in Marlborough MA
- HR Generalist in Swedesboro NJ
- Assembly Tech in Alpharetta GA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Manual Machinist - Jig in Central Manchester CT
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Part Time Receptionist in Lowell MA
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Optical Engineer in MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- Medical Lab Tech in Norwood MA
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Principal Diagnostics Engineer in MA
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Program Manager II in MA
- Warehouse Associate in Norwood MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Industrial Controls Technician III in Olive Branch MS
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA