Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Accounts Payable Manager
Our client in Boston, MA is looking for a temp AP Manager to start by the end of next week.
Some additional details:
- This person will be managing a team of 4 and will report to the Sr. Accounting Manager – absolutely need to have recent managerial experience (managing more than just 1 person)
- They will be working heavily with purchase orders- very high volume
- Absolutely need to be proficient/experienced with excel – pivot tables/VLOOKUP’s. Peoplesoft experience is a plus
- We process daily payments here- I know most companies process weekly payments, but we process daily payments
- Need to have 2+ years of recent managerial experience and 5+ years of AP experience
- Will work a bit with our merchandising team as well as our warehouse for any discrepancies
- Anyone with retail/inventory experience is huge plus/preferred
We’re looking for…
- The right person to play a key role in the department who possesses a high level of integrity, curiosity, strong discipline, and a high degree of accuracy.
What you’ll accomplish…
- First point of contact for the team to resolve issues as they arise. Ensures that the team provides timely, consistent and exceptional customer service to internal and external clients; assists team with correspondence (e.g. help draft email responses, provide talking points, etc.)
- Creates an environment that fosters team effectiveness and cooperation, professional growth, and unity. Challenges team members, and empowers them to resolve matters directly with vendors.
- Responsible for building weekly payments schedule and prioritizing high value vendors.
- Works with manager to plan daily payments and assists team when needed with payment timelines to vendors.
- Handles relationships with more complex and vocal vendors.
- Reconciles Factor statements on a bi-weekly basis and schedules payment via ACH and checks.
- Responsible for the department Pcard; including monitoring balances, authorizing charges and reconciling the statement at the end of the cycle.
- Responsible for working with the team on prepayment and aged receivables reconciliations.
- Ensures the timely and accurate Month End closing of Accounts Payable which includes reconciliations of A/P accounts and assists manager with quarterly AP/RNI clean-up.
- Monitors stale dated checks list to void any uncashed.
- Voids all returned ACHs in PSFT and updates analyst with new bank information as needed.
- Ability to perform vendor analysis, and support of corporate procurement functions. Reviews and monitors aged invoices and payment inaccuracies, following up to finalize the payment.
- Prepares reconciling items when needed, works closely with the GL team, and participates in the annual audit.
- Develops procedures to improve existing processes, suggests and implements processing efficiencies.
- Takes the lead on ad hoc projects as needed.
The Right Fit:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred
- 5+ years of dedicated accounts payable experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong ability to manage a team while completing multiple tasks within a high volume environment
- Knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Advanced Excel experience including Pivot Tables and Vlookups
Bonus points for…
If you’ve got everything going on above, you’re already a strong fit.
If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us.
- Being team-oriented and able to interact effectively and influence people at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- Experience in an ERP accounting system such as PeopleSoft
- Accounts Payable experience in a retail, business to business or business to consumer environment preferred
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM:
Fun, dedicated, hard-working team who truly loves our impact on the company! We manage the operating expenses of the company and make impactful decisions on a daily basis. We work closely with every department across the company and regularly interact with senior management.
- Material Handler III in Milford MA
- Put Away 1st and 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Receiving Associate 1st and 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Solderer & Cable Assembler in Holliston MA
- Quality Inspector - Technician in Fridley MN
- Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Eden Prairie MN
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Business Process Integration Analyst in King of Prussia PA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Engineer-Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Engineering Tech in Merrimack NH
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Distribution Associate in Suwanee GA
- Demand Planner in Hayward CA
- Receptionist in Memphis TN
- Project Manager in Duluth GA
- Assembly - Test Technician in Sterling MA
- Assembler in Milford MA
- Production Operator - Medical Device Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Pre-Wave Assembler in Westford MA
- Senior Instrument Assembler in Lindon UT
- Machinist in New Haven CT
- Injection Mold Machine Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Customer Service Representative in Suwanee GA
- Packaging Assembler in Plymouth MA
- Account Executive - Woburn, MA in Woburn MA
- Technical Recruiter - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Technical Recruiter - MA in Marlborough MA
- CNC Machinist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Inspector II in Merrimack NH
- Mechanical Assembler in Ashland MA
- Technical Recruiter - GA in Suwanee GA
- Account Executive NJ - Pipeline in Vineland NJ
- Field Service Manager in Kennesaw GA
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Training Coordinator in Milford MA
- Recruiting Coordinator in Memphis TN
- Technical Recruiter - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Screen Print Operator in Norwood MA
- Lab Assistant in Norwood MA
- Medical Lab Technologist in Norwood MA
- Refrigeration Tech in Malborough MA
- Manufacturing Process-Project Engineer in Charlton MA
- Manufacturing Controls Engineer in Charlton MA
- Engineering Technician (Document Control) in Charlton MA
- 2nd Shift Replenisher in Suwanee GA
- Receiving Associate 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Mold Shop Operations Manager in Duluth GA
- Software Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Accounts Payable in Ashland MA
- A-R Admin in Roswell GA
- Sr Mechanical Inspector in Bedford MA
- Sr. Electrical Engineering Technician in Cambridge MA
- Machine Electrician in Walker MI
- Shipping and Receiving Specialist in Norwood MA
- Material Handler in Suwanee GA
- Jr Buyer in Merrimack NH
- Sr technicians in Merrimack NH
- Sr Assemblers in Merrimack NH
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Duluth GA
- Production Associate in Green Bay WI
- Material Handler in Norwood MA
- 3rd Shift CNC Machinist-Programmer in Gainesville GA
- Mechanical Inspector in Woburn MA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering Technician in Burnsville MN
- Quality Control Specialist in Natick MA
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Electro-mechanical Assembler in Norwood MA
- Shear Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Technician in Nashua NH
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- CNC Machinist in Central Manchester CT
- Synthesis Operator in Taunton MA
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Experience Design Researcher in Milford MA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Product Support Specialist in Brownsville TN
- Cycle Counter in Buford GA
- Human Resources Manager in Memphis TN
- Wiring Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Plymouth MN
- Device Technician in Beverly MA
- Purchasing Manager in Mooresville GA
- Equipment Operator 1st Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- Test Operator - AOI in Westboro MA
- Material Handler 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Equipment Operator 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Electrician - Control Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- Assembly Mechanic - Mechanical Assembly in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Warehouse Supervisor in Olive Branch MS
- 2nd Shift Manufacturing Supervisor in Newton MA
- Machine Operator - 2nd shift in South Grafton MA
- Principal Computer Hardware Architect in Milford MA
- Staff Accountant in Flowery Branch GA
- Electrical Manufacturing Technician - Control Panel Builder in Oakdale MN
- Public Relations Manager in Lowell MA
- Jr. Buyer in Hudson NH
- CNC Machinist in Norcross GA