Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Accounts Payable Manager
Our client in Boston, MA is looking for a temp AP Manager to start by the end of next week.
Some additional details:
- This person will be managing a team of 4 and will report to the Sr. Accounting Manager – absolutely need to have recent managerial experience (managing more than just 1 person)
- They will be working heavily with purchase orders- very high volume
- Absolutely need to be proficient/experienced with excel – pivot tables/VLOOKUP’s. Peoplesoft experience is a plus
- We process daily payments here- I know most companies process weekly payments, but we process daily payments
- Need to have 2+ years of recent managerial experience and 5+ years of AP experience
- Will work a bit with our merchandising team as well as our warehouse for any discrepancies
- Anyone with retail/inventory experience is huge plus/preferred
We’re looking for…
- The right person to play a key role in the department who possesses a high level of integrity, curiosity, strong discipline, and a high degree of accuracy.
What you’ll accomplish…
- First point of contact for the team to resolve issues as they arise. Ensures that the team provides timely, consistent and exceptional customer service to internal and external clients; assists team with correspondence (e.g. help draft email responses, provide talking points, etc.)
- Creates an environment that fosters team effectiveness and cooperation, professional growth, and unity. Challenges team members, and empowers them to resolve matters directly with vendors.
- Responsible for building weekly payments schedule and prioritizing high value vendors.
- Works with manager to plan daily payments and assists team when needed with payment timelines to vendors.
- Handles relationships with more complex and vocal vendors.
- Reconciles Factor statements on a bi-weekly basis and schedules payment via ACH and checks.
- Responsible for the department Pcard; including monitoring balances, authorizing charges and reconciling the statement at the end of the cycle.
- Responsible for working with the team on prepayment and aged receivables reconciliations.
- Ensures the timely and accurate Month End closing of Accounts Payable which includes reconciliations of A/P accounts and assists manager with quarterly AP/RNI clean-up.
- Monitors stale dated checks list to void any uncashed.
- Voids all returned ACHs in PSFT and updates analyst with new bank information as needed.
- Ability to perform vendor analysis, and support of corporate procurement functions. Reviews and monitors aged invoices and payment inaccuracies, following up to finalize the payment.
- Prepares reconciling items when needed, works closely with the GL team, and participates in the annual audit.
- Develops procedures to improve existing processes, suggests and implements processing efficiencies.
- Takes the lead on ad hoc projects as needed.
The Right Fit:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred
- 5+ years of dedicated accounts payable experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong ability to manage a team while completing multiple tasks within a high volume environment
- Knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Advanced Excel experience including Pivot Tables and Vlookups
Bonus points for…
If you’ve got everything going on above, you’re already a strong fit.
If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us.
- Being team-oriented and able to interact effectively and influence people at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- Experience in an ERP accounting system such as PeopleSoft
- Accounts Payable experience in a retail, business to business or business to consumer environment preferred
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM:
Fun, dedicated, hard-working team who truly loves our impact on the company! We manage the operating expenses of the company and make impactful decisions on a daily basis. We work closely with every department across the company and regularly interact with senior management.